Must be summer hols....

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
Oh NOOOOoooooo!
All the recently released from education mid adolescents running around on their highly (i)legal mopeds with the bloody baffles removed :(
Sounds like a convoy of sewing machines...
Hhrum-ding-ding-ding
All day. Even the double glazing can't stop the noise.

Noisy boy racers is becoming a problem in parts of London so they now have cameras which trigger after a certain time if the noise is above certain decibels. A great innovation which you could do with making it's way to Cornwall!!
We have those on our local bypass to deter boy racers and super car racers. In a trial for the first 16 months it recorded 1,900 activation’s that would have resulted in £130,00 worth of fines. I think it’s going live this year.

We have those on our local bypass to deter boy racers and super car racers. In a trial for the first 16 months it recorded 1,900 activation’s that would have resulted in £130,00 worth of fines. I think it’s going live this year.
Can you imagine how much Onslow would have had to pay with one of those every time the Cortina backfired.....

Honestly can't say I've noticed this yet this year, possibly because at 72 I have a certain amount of hearing loss and good double glazing.
Living near Southend on Sea and riding the seafront quite often this is a problem all year round IMHO but the police seem to have clamped down more in recent years.

I don't get bothered there nowadays but used to in 1967 when the borough had it's own Police Force with their own set of (unwritten) rules. This situation came to an end a few years later, shortly after the Chief Constable served a prison term for embezzlement of police funds.

The reason I don't get bothered nowadays is fairly clear from the pic. I do have other options but decided last year that this bike is ideal for viewing locations around Holmfirth, it got quite noisy going up to Holme Moss though.
I might try to dig out helmet cam footage of doing a U turn outside Barry & Glenda's house when I managed quite easily and didn't run over any flower beds. :p

Attachments

• IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 8
Honestly can't say I've noticed this yet this year, possibly because at 72 I have a certain amount of hearing loss and good double glazing.
Living near Southend on Sea and riding the seafront quite often this is a problem all year round IMHO but the police seem to have clamped down more in recent years.

I don't get bothered there nowadays but used to in 1967 when the borough had it's own Police Force with their own set of (unwritten) rules. This situation came to an end a few years later, shortly after the Chief Constable served a prison term for embezzlement of police funds.

The reason I don't get bothered nowadays is fairly clear from the pic. I do have other options but decided last year that this bike is ideal for viewing locations around Holmfirth, it got quite noisy going up to Holme Moss though.
I might try to dig out helmet cam footage of doing a U turn outside Barry & Glenda's house when I managed quite easily and didn't run over any flower beds. :p
What a wonderful picture! thanks for sharing. I'm guessing a motorbike is a much better way to view the beauty of Holmfirth than a car.

What a wonderful picture! thanks for sharing. I'm guessing a motorbike is a much better way to view the beauty of Holmfirth than a car.
I've visited by car and a larger bike a few times, car parking is always an obstacle, heaving a bigger bike around on the lanes is hard work too. The C90 is ideal as it's light and easy to get into places where others may not be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1808a.JPG
    IMG_1808a.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 5
Back