National Album Day

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
Sure many members in the UK will know it is National Album day today, this year it seems to be concentrating on British solo artists and bands so thought I would ask the question here . Declare your favourite 3 British Albums of all time and to ensure no bias perhaps our friends in Oz and over the pond could do similar for their countries . Hoping we don't get a plethora of Queen, Beatles, Stones etc and see some more obscure choices. To be fair I think we should allow editing of posts because I know it is going to be a difficult choice. My starter is

The La's [one and only album]
Dust Junkys Done and Dusted
The Smiths The Smiths [to be honest I could have selected any of theirs]

Good luck it's a really hard choice.

Picturised mine

IMG_0440.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 3
In no particular order:
Pink Floyd - The Wall (thanks to the late John Peel)
Pet Shop Boys - Inner Sanctum (not fair to make me choose between them...)
Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

*Many* years ago, I though I'd chose my favourite singles from the collection I owned - 1392 of them!
I only managed to narrow it down to about 50, all equal "number 1"!

Choose another Barry REM are from Athens Georgia USA unless of course you are part American which would of course allow that choice :):):)
Sorry not reading your post properly back of the class for me !

I’m with you on The Smiths possibly Strangeways Here We Come. The Smiths pose a dilemma for me absolutely love his writing and talent but I really don’t like him as an individual. In fact his autobiography was the first ever I’ve abandoned half way through as I just couldn’t get on with him ….

BBC Radio 2 presented top 30 British Artists voted by listeners quite a few surprises but top 5 are predictable but personally I would reorder that as I am a Stones fan. Don't understand the Kinks being as low as 23rd and gobsmacked that the Specials aren't in there and that the Manics are . Anyway here it is

BBC Radio 2 presented top 30 British Artists voted by listeners quite a few surprises but top 5 are predictable but personally I would reorder that as I am a Stones fan. Don't understand the Kinks being as low as 23rd and gobsmacked that the Specials aren't in there and that the Manics are . Anyway here it is

I've seen these sorts of lists before and it all depends on the demographic that's voted. The results of those in their 30's or 40's would be completely different to 50's & 60's etc. Clearly I'm guessing there are a handful which would feature in both lists such as the Beatles.

Stone Roses first Album.
The La's only album.
Deacon Blue - Raintown.....BUT......in the immortal words of Miss Moody........."I THINK LIKE YOU CAPTAIN"...[not Mr.Wainwright !!!]....."The Queen is Dead" by The Smiths is pushing its way into my list !!!!......I think it is the fact that we both come from working class port cities with a strong sense of pride and community that we love the "northern charm and unique quality" of Mr.Morrissey,Mr.Marr,Mr Joyce and Mr.Rourke.
X!

Back