new member from Tennessee

brendalovescompo

Dedicated Member
Hello or aye up!, LOTSW fans. I am from small town south of Nashville, TN. I have been a fan for about 8 months I suppose. First starting watching what ever I could get from Netflix,then found youtube. Then found that I loved it so much I have started to purchase dvds, wanting to get the Compo collection first. Almost complete. I first started watching Keeping up Appearances on PBS about 5 years ago. After that, either,LOTSW, May to December or As Time Goes By would come on and I would turn it. I started watching As Time Goes By, and May to December. Then I saw Clegg,Compo and Foggy on 3 bikes welded together and started showing interest. Then I got my husband involved. We Love British sitcoms and starting to widen our viewing a bit. What great comedies. I even purchased a Compo hat for him from the gift shop. We watch at least one a day. I cannot believe I didn't find it any sooner. I love reading over the threads of other fans. We are even planning on a trip to Yorkshire sometime in the future soon after I retire in a few years. Your landscapes are so beautiful,and checking out other things to explore other than Sid's cafe. :)

Welcome aboard,sounds like you have the joys of discovering episodes you have not yet seen,Terry

Welcome to the forum. There seems to always be an interesting topic being kicked around by the fellow members. I am from the USA also.......northeast of you in a small town in central Pennsylvania.

Oops sorry for the late greeting. Tennessee is a beautiful state. I'm from Indiana. I also enjoy the landscapes in Yorkshire. It can take yourbreath sometimes. Welcome! :-*

Beth

I'm from DC, just outside of the Beltway. Can't really recall when we started watching LOFSW, but welcome to the Forum.

I'm from DC, just outside of the Beltway. Can't really recall when we started watching LOFSW, but welcome to the Forum.

Welcome to our new member from Tennessee. One state I don't recall ever visiting. I did once take a drive down Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway but never got as far as Tennessee.

But, in my inimitable nit-picking way, it is this bit about 'DC, just outside of the Beltway' I want to query. That area I did visit extensively and my recollection, confirmed by Google maps, is that all of DC is within the Beltway. Outside the Beltway is either Virginia or Maryland.

Welcome from Texas!
I started watching LOTSW on PBS about twenty years ago. They used to have "British invasion" weekend that started on Friday nights at 7:00 and it was so wonderful ;D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I wish they still had "british invasion" on PBS. Hate that they just have a few hours a weekend. I have contacted BBCAmerica and asked them why they show hour of Dr. Who, which I have not seen,so I might be missing something. Also they show,Ramsay, hours of star trek, and top gear. They should mix it up and show the comedies. I think its great to see there are many US fans. Got to get ready for work second shift. Thanks again summer wine fans.

Brenda

Welcome from another statesider, Florida here. Great to see your interest in the show, I love it too, so much I was crazy enough to build a replica of the Café in our house. Non-summer wine folks just don't get it, I get many funny looks. Tennessee is a great state love vacationing there. Have a great time on the forum. These folks are great and take time to help each other with some of the cultural differences/dialect, etc , love these folks!!!

Howdy, fellow new member from Tennessee! I live right in Nashville -- East Nashville to be specific. :) The British shows on Nashville PBS are all great watching (I'm also an addict of "Downton Abbey"). Those folks in the mother country "across the pond" still produce good quality TV, unlike Hollywood and NYC.

Back