Staff member
Just spotted this on the web

Last of the Summer Wine

Devonshire Park Theatre

Wednesday 15 July - Saturday 8 August 2009

Buy Ticket

UK Premiere!

Featuring Ruth Madoc & Tony Adams

Return to the halcyon days of Foggy, Compo and Clegg, as they reunite for this brand new stage adaptation of the television classic. As Summer Wine leaps from the small screen to the stage for the very first time you can expect plenty of mad-cap misunderstandings and the mandatory wheel barrow catastrophe as the ageing delinquents get themselves in and out of trouble.

A mystery man, wandering through the village wearing very little, is threatening the peace of Holmfirth, rendering Norman Clegg’s dining room a potential disaster area. Will Foggy be able to ‘hold the fort’? Can Compo save the day? Is it possible to fit three men in an under stairs cupboard?!

Roy Clarke, also the creator of ‘Open All Hours’ and ‘Keeping Up Appearances’, has penned every episode of the world’s longest running sitcom and has packed this new stage play full of the eccentric humour and full-on farce that has made Last of the Summer Wine a British institution.

See this show in Eastbourne first prior to it's extensive national tour.

Terry

I see this is the same play that was put on by an amateur group last week in Lancaster. Apparently first performed in 2003 it was adapted by Roy Clarke from his Moonbather novel. It is one story that has never been on TV.

I wonder does anyone know when it will come further up the country - starting at Eastbourne, then Windsor I think.

Back