Nine Nine Nine, Nein Nein Nein

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
I was awakened this morning at 2 AM by the sound of a car alarm that had been activated. It was very loud and was within 30 to 40 yards of our house. With the aid of my rollator I made my way to the window and opened it. I could see some car lights flashing on and off on a vehicle in the street two doors up. The street light at that point wasn't working. The alarm stopped and I was aware of someone by the car. After a few minutes another car came round the corner and parked by the one on which the lights were flashing. Once again the alarm went off but only for a few seconds. No lights were were on in any of the neighbours houses. I did the obvious and phoned the police. I was informed by a robot that due to them being so busy I would have to wait for someone to take my call. WAIT? What if I was being murdered? After a couple of minutes a lady, not a machine, took my call. She wanted to know what sort of car it was....Too dark....What colour is the car? ....Too dark....Is there anyone tampering with the car? At this point I paused. She had not yet asked where this was happening....Are you still there caller?..... I confirmed I was still on the phone and told her again what I had seen and heard. Then I was informed of the action they were going to take. She told me that she would check to see if any patrol cars were available in that area and if so they would drive by and take a look. Well, I must admit that that information made me feel so secure. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND SLEEP. That is the last time I will try and alert the KEYSTONES.:13:

What happened after that? Did they steal the car? Did the police arrive?
I watched for a while Roger and all went quiet. It was very dark. I had opened the bedroom window and switched on my light. Maybe they were aware that they were being watched. The police didn't arrive. I gave up and went back to bed.

Years ago I phoned the police because of a break-in next door. They asked how I knew that had happened so I explained that the owners were away, the lights were on, front door wide open and alarm blaring. The police did turn up but took ages to get out of the car. I realise they probably suspected the burglars were long gone, but I wasn't impressed by their nonchalance. Nowadays they seem more enthiused to record non-crime "hate" incidents.

Back