Number One

I like all sorts of music including "crash wallop" played at 11 but the sea shanty is something different although the Fishermen's Friends made quite a dent on the album charts and have a big following . Up and down the country pre pandemic there were so many folk clubs that have a huge support. On a personal note I have a friend who plays flutes and penny whistles in a folk group luckily its a hobby .

During the pandemic they have had no gigs and haven't streamed any music . He practices at his home on the sea front at Whitley Bay but to give his neighbours a rest for his daily exercise he takes a flute or penny whistle to the promenade and plays down there . He was down a couple of weeks ago and there was a rough sleeper sitting on one of the benches on the shelter where he practices and from what I gather he was so appreciative of the entertainment my friend's playing gave him he clapped and whistled at the end . My friend was so appreciative of the applause he gave the man a tenner.:)

Plagued me where I had heard something similar to this had a listen and the theme quality isn't great but its the Lightning Tree for an old series called Follyfoot:-

Back