Peter Sallis driving

Mrs blamire (i wish)

I heard but wasn’t sure if it’s true so I’m asking here, is it true Peter Sallis himself couldn’t actually drive in real life? I know his character Clegg couldn’t but earlier today on a FB post someone commented that peter himself couldn’t drive? But I’m not sure if that’s true or not or just gossip? Is anyone here able to clarify? Thank you.

I heard but wasn’t sure if it’s true so I’m asking here, is it true Peter Sallis himself couldn’t actually drive in real life? I know his character Clegg couldn’t but earlier today on a FB post someone commented that peter himself couldn’t drive? But I’m not sure if that’s true or not or just gossip? Is anyone here able to clarify? Thank you.
In the SW series Mrs. B. Clegg could and did drive. I don't know if he had a licence in real life.

If you pay attention and look very carefully, you can see that they used this location in Pigeon and Post.

Sorry to burst lots of bubbles, but the two railway locations in "Last Post and Pigeon" and "Beware of the elbow" are different. I've attached screenshots. The area opposite the rail line in "Last Post" has a road and flat fields as far as you can see, but in "Elbow" there are trees in view, and no road. The crossing in "Elbow" doesn't seem to be a "real" one, it's likely that the flashing light crossing signs are tv props, are there are only signs facing Howard and Marina, none facing the other way. I have always assumed the road and rail line in "Last Post" is in France, to the the point when they the ride in to the wooded area.
Last Post railway.png Last Post railway 2.png

Elbow railway.png Elbow railway 2.png

The one with Howard & Marina is on the map & we intend visiting it soon. It's off Lower quarry Rd Bradley Huddersfield.

Back