Picnic Spot.

Pete.

Dedicated Member
A lovely spot for a picnic,or just to stop and lay a while,and as you can see,I'm in good company.
That water you can see in the distance is where the lovely arched bridge is,on private land,that was seen in All of a Florrie,Of passion and pizza,and at the end of Who's that talking to Lennie,and many others,the house and land,Far Mount Farm,is currently for sale for £1.4 M !! and prominent among the features is that " Many scenes from Last of the Summer Wine were filmed here"
April%2015%20034_zps00cl9vaw.jpg
April%2015%20009_zpse2jvj0cd.jpg
April%2015%20016_zpsldqn8rw8.jpg

Picnic Spot

Really great photos , so the iconic bridge is basically on private land and therefore inaccessible should someone wish to take photographs standing on the bridge for posterity ?

Really great photos , so the iconic bridge is basically on private land and therefore inaccessible should someone wish to take photographs standing on the bridge for posterity ?
Yes,I'm afraid,but its for sale with the bridge included in the 35 acres for 1.4 million,
No public access,but there is a public footpath that goes around,but there are trees and fences and you would need to zoom in with your camera,one of the best views of it is from a bench a little higher up that Foggy,Compo and Clegg used to sit on quite often,
I'v often thought of contacting the owners and asking if I could go look at the bridge,when I'v contacted people before they've been really nice,but now its for sale I'll wait a while,it's the only way you could get to the bridge in person,one things for sure,the new owners will definitely know that many scenes were filmed there.

Bridge%20001_zpsubncgedf.jpg

One of my Favourite spots
Mine too !
It was a beautiful sunny day when I went,and I just lay there for ages,where Cleggy is,reading my book,
Just further down the road,as you know,is that bench we love with the stunning views,I'v got some lovely photos of that bench as well as others from the hills,I'll post them some other time,
Next to the bench,in front of it where they dug the Glory Hole,are some flowers and a pot and a photo of a chap,Jerry,wearing a Compo hat,and it says RIP Compo's number one fan,and he looks just like him,how lovely of his family to do that.

Yes,I'm afraid,but its for sale with the bridge included in the 35 acres for 1.4 million,
No public access,but there is a public footpath that goes around,but there are trees and fences and you would need to zoom in with your camera,one of the best views of it is from a bench a little higher up that Foggy,Compo and Clegg used to sit on quite often,
I'v often thought of contacting the owners and asking if I could go look at the bridge,when I'v contacted people before they've been really nice,but now its for sale I'll wait a while,it's the only way you could get to the bridge in person,one things for sure,the new owners will definitely know that many scenes were filmed there.

Bridge%20001_zpsubncgedf.jpg

Get your suit on and go and be a prospective buyer :]
I really like your then and now photos , keep 'em coming.

Last edited:
Thanks ferret,
I actually thought of that,but I think even with my best suit I wouldn't convince as a potential buyer for a 1.4 million house,
I'v got loads of then and now photos in my photo library,but was going to wait a while before I posted any more as I'v gone a bit mad posting loads of them lately.
I watch the episodes all the time,much preferable to the rubbish they put on now,and I'm always walking in Summerwine country,and without fail every single episode I watch I will know the location,so I get a photo of a good location or characters that I like and try to replicate it,sometimes things havn't changed at all,on another thread I posted a photo of Howard and Marina sat on a dry stone wall,and I walked all down the road looking for the exact spot,when I found where the backdrop matched exactly,there was still a space made flat,a gap in the top of the dry stone wall where they exactly sat,
I couldn't resist sitting where Howard sat for five minutes,
Thanks again,I'll post the other then and now photos sometime,
Pete.

Great photos: wonder if I out on my best tweed I could pose as an eccentric would be purchaser? The car would be a give away though ....

Back