Pub Names

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
Liquid refreshment clearly plays a significant role in many episodes! I was wondering just how many different hostelries there were in all episodes.

Can you name a pub, inn or hotel (where we clearly know the name) where characters are eating or drinking and the episode. I'd be genuinely interested just to see how many different ones there were?

The Elephant and Castle - Frozen Turkey Man

Clothier's Arms - A Quiet Drink

The Railway Pub - What Happened to Barry's Nose. He also got a BIG hug from the barmaid as Wesley fixed her car while Glenda rounds the corner in a different episode.

The Feathers - From Here to Paternity.

The Monkey - Hermione, Gavin Hinchcliffe / Gulf Stream.

The White Horse - several episodes... drunk Billy shooting arrows, lawn mowers...

The pub from Peruvian Wart.

Butcher's Arms -
The Old Bridge -

Would have been quite interesting if Sid's Cafe served beer as well. :)

Last edited:
Do we know the name of the hotel which featured heavily in The Secret Birthday of Normal Clegg I'm pretty sure they used it for both the exterior and interior filming?

The Elephant and Castle - Frozen Turkey Man

Clothier's Arms - A Quiet Drink

The Railway Pub - What Happened to Barry's Nose. He also got a BIG hug from the barmaid as Wesley fixed her car while Glenda rounds the corner in a different episode.

The Feathers - From Here to Paternity.

The Monkey - Hermione, Gavin Hinchcliffe / Gulf Stream.

The White Horse - several episodes... drunk Billy shooting arrows, lawn mowers...

The pub from Peruvian Wart.

Butcher's Arms -
The Old Bridge -

Would have been quite interesting if Sid's Cafe served beer as well. :)

Wow Rick you on a bit of a pub crawl , is this your Easter "Bender" :)

Will's O Nat in Cheeriing Up Ludovic
Bay Horse in Three men & A Mangle
Rose & Crown in The Man That Nearly Knew Pavarotti, The Missing Bus Of Mrs Avery
The Railway in addition to RickAns's What Happened To Barry's Nose, Truly & Whole Truth, Waggoner's Roll (The Huntsman also appears in this episode), The Swan Man Of Ilkley, In Which Howard Double Booked
Maltrab's Haychatter Inn was in According To The Prophet Bickerdyke
Crossroads Inn in Once In A Moonlit Junkyard, The Most Powerfull Eyeballs In West Yorkshire (White Horse also in that episode), SupriseAt Thostlenest
The Feathers in addition to RickAnss From Here To Paternity, An Apple A Day
Shoulder Of Mutton in I Didn't Know Barry Could Play, The Art Of Short Stories, The Crowcroft Challenge,, A Pickup Of The Later Ming Dynasty

The New Old Inn, Marsden, not used as a pub but as the rear entrance where Howard often waited outside for Marina to finish work, one episode was The Glamour of the Uniform

Back