Some Exciting News...

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently staying in Holmfirth and I popped into The Wrinkled Stocking for my brekkie and I got chatting to the owner. He's told me that the town is due celebrate the 50th anniversary next year with a number of events. Evidently a few of the actors are likely to appear, The Summer Winos are booked to perform a special show at The Civic and Roy Clarke has been approached to see if he can appear or at least record a video.

I did ask if this was common knowledge and whether I was allowed to share this news on the forum and he said that was fine and they wanted all the publicity they could get (it was only decided last Thursday) I will definitely be attending these events next year and hopefully as many forum members as possible can come and it will be a great opportunity for us to all meet.

I'm so excited :D :D :D

I'm currently staying in Holmfirth and I popped into The Wrinkled Stocking for my brekkie and I got chatting to the owner. He's told me that the town is due celebrate the 50th anniversary next year with a number of events. Evidently a few of the actors are likely to appear, The Summer Winos are booked to perform a special show at The Civic and Roy Clarke has been approached to see if he can appear or at least record a video.

I did ask if this was common knowledge and whether I was allowed to share this news on the forum and he said that was fine and they wanted all the publicity they could get (it was only decided last Thursday) I will definitely be attending these events next year and hopefully as many forum members as possible can come and it will be a great opportunity for us to all meet.

I'm so excited :D :D :D
Great news, we’ll have to keep an eye out for more information nearer the time.

Will you have the hotel on your newly acquired plot open by then Barry
Funnily enough I was out there today measuring for the gate I'm hoping to get installed soon. Until I make my fortune flipping the land as a multi storey car park I'm hoping to use it for more altruistic purposes for the true fans of the show :D It would be nice to know that forum members could wild camp on the land should they wish pro bono, particularly at the commemorative events next year.

As soon as I mentioned the Forum in the cafe your name was mentioned Terry, I was more than happy to bask in your reflected glory :cool:

Funnily enough I was out there today measuring for the gate I'm hoping to get installed soon. Until I make my fortune flipping the land as a multi storey car park I'm hoping to use it for more altruistic purposes for the true fans of the show :D It would be nice to know that forum members could wild camp on the land should they wish pro bono, particularly at the commemorative events next year.

As soon as I mentioned the Forum in the cafe your name was mentioned Terry, I was more than happy to bask in your reflected glory :cool:
Yes Jonathan and I was discussing the project in the Cafe when I visited a Holmfirth a few weeks ago

We have been approached & asked to take 'Edie' up. I would drive it but Mrs not keen especially as smart motorways involved.20220730_233125.jpg Consequently we have just purchased a trailer for the journey. Need to find accommodation with plenty of parking. No dates finalized yet.

Although the 50th anniversary is Feb it's thought that the weather could be a problem, May has been suggested. I don't know if there's more than one group of people making plans. Terry & the wrinkled stockings / cafe would be the people in the know.

Although the 50th anniversary is Feb it's thought that the weather could be a problem, May has been suggested. I don't know if there's more than one group of people making plans. Terry & the wrinkled stockings / cafe would be the people in the know.
I have asked Jonathan to keep me updated with any plans and dates, Graham will have to have Wesley's overalls on when driving the car, Graham maybe Cody's farm could accommodate you as they have plenty of space, and it is a nice place to stay

The chap from TWS cafe (forgive me I can’t remember his name) said the same thing, the actual anniversary date is 4th Jan but they are looking towards the summer for the event fr obvious reasons. @Graham i took a few pictures in the museum of your car, I’ll post them if you don’t already have these.

Thanks Barry. If the pics are of WRH then I'd love to see them. The ones on sale seem to be CXE. Jackie & Dennis run TWS.

Sorry Barry, that's two other cars. Not seen the newspaper articles though, maybe time for another visit. Thanks for posting, I was a Beano & Dandy reader, so like pictures!

Back