Summer Wine fans in the US.. Those who get South Carolina PBS..

MST3Claye

Dedicated Member
Recently, they've been showing Series 30. I checked the schedule to see what they would be showing after that. Looked like they were doing some Beg-a-thons. I didn't look at tonight's episode, but out of curiosity I looked at the schedule for the channel. Turns out they showed Of Funerals and Fish tonight! Next week is the second episode! It's going to be refreshing to see the old episodes again after such a long time without them on PBS/tv. Thought I'd give fellow fans in the US a heads up.

In Maryland, they recently started airing the Blamire episodes again. I never ordered DVDs, but I hear about ordering shows through Kindle. I don't have one now but I might look into that.

In Maryland, they recently started airing the Blamire episodes again. I never ordered DVDs, but I hear about ordering shows through Kindle. I don't have one now but I might look into that.
Yes, I would like to know more about the kindle deal. If you find out any information about that please let me know.

I have contacted Netflix about getting LOTSW put on streaming instead of DVD. They told me the more folks who call and request it, the more "pass alongs" get sent to the contents division. Once they get so many requests then they push to get it on streaming??

On WETA UK, they recently started airing episodes from the beginning (Blamire episodes). So refreshing to see Cleggy planning and scheming.

Watching "The Lost Key" right now... Don't know if that's the actual title of this episode. First time I saw this it was grouped with two other episodes on the DVD set I got. I think they grouped other episodes together like this for the first or second series...

Gotta say, it's weird seeing PBS pixelate the magazine Compo is reading in the barbershop. I forget if I saw the episode "Jaws" on PBS or if I saw it elsewhere when I first got into Summer Wine... but I don't remember the calendar on the wall being censored in any way.

Watching "The Lost Key" right now... Don't know if that's the actual title of this episode. First time I saw this it was grouped with two other episodes on the DVD set I got. I think they grouped other episodes together like this for the first or second series...

Gotta say, it's weird seeing PBS pixelate the magazine Compo is reading in the barbershop. I forget if I saw the episode "Jaws" on PBS or if I saw it elsewhere when I first got into Summer Wine... but I don't remember the calendar on the wall being censored in any way.

That is one of the episodes in Series #1 with different titles for UK and US. Here it is "Short Back and Palais Glide". In US it got revised to "The Lost Key". In its episode listing Wikipedia gives the alternative titles for all Series #1 episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_of_the_Summer_Wine_(series_1)

That is one of the episodes in Series #1 with different titles for UK and US. Here it is "Short Back and Palais Glide". In US it got revised to "The Lost Key". In its episode listing Wikipedia gives the alternative titles for all Series #1 episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_of_the_Summer_Wine_(series_1)

That's the name of it on the grouped DVD volume that I bought off of Amazon. So when I saw the US title, I unsure.. I think mostly because what they did on the DVD was grouped "Short Back and Palais Glide" with "Inventor of the 40ft Ferret" and "Pate and Chips" with no opening or ending credits. Watching that the first time was a bit confusing. So even though I'm in the US, this was my first time seeing the US titles for it. Still got some good laughs out of it. Sid - You want me to hold you? Just put your head right there! *holds his hands like he's choking someone* LOL

As I commented before, I just hate those Altered titles. "Short Back and Palais Glide".....now doesn't that have a better ring to it than "Lost Key?". The targeted American audience that watches Summer Wine can handle Clarke's titles.

I also have recently watched Short Back and Palais Glide and was struck by its lack of title listing.

Back