The suit that turned left

Mrs blamire (i wish)

I can’t help wonder the more I watch this episode, how come Howard didn’t mind Marina , but seemed embarrassed by the way Pearl was dressed in this episode? And before anyone says anything…I think both marina AND Pearl have great legs, figures and are both beautiful! I’m just wondering! A9DACFF3-FFF4-4169-8AC8-90A4CACEAA56.jpeg

I kinda wondered about that too. Maybe he thought someone would see Pearl like that thinking she was someone else. Then Tell Marina that Howard was seeing another, third, lady and get him in even more trouble.

Can you imagine Pearl to start showing up at the ladies tea like that? Then starting a trend of the other ladies to dress like that! Norah dressed like that would have Compo would be all excited.

This is sort of a fine line. Howard was embarrassed because he was used to Pearl being dressed as a fuddy-dud and she suddenly was beautiful. She knew it would embarrass him.

I may be reaching here, but the phrase "to turn left" usually means something has taken an unexpected course. In the beginning Howard and Clegg compare window cleaners, Howards is more expensive, but he lives on the edge, he has everything neatly figured out. Or so he thinks.
Pearl is his wife, as she says she's the one he runs to with a tummy ache or congestion. He can justify to himself the "expense" of Marina, she's his escape from reality, not just the relationship, but how he sees himself. When suddenly Pearl pulls a "Marina" the balance of nature is turned upside down, reality and dream come crashing down on Howard. For one, he's afraid he has lost the person who he depends on taking care of him when he's not his best, also, he knows (since we see nothing ever gets accomplished with Marina) if he were expected to be who he likes to pretend he is with Marina full time with Pearl, he'd never make it.

Who's looking sideways at Nelly ?? Morton, the captain and Barry were all dressed for jogging !:eyesroll:o_O;)

Back