The Summerwine.net music thread

And to follow it's my all time hero/favourite Dave Swarbrick and Chris Leslie battling fiddles.
Be warned, video quality is garbage, but music is excellent.

And to follow it's my all time hero/favourite Dave Swarbrick and Chris Leslie battling fiddles.
Be warned, video quality is garbage, but music is excellent.
Appreciate it's a little more alternative, but do you like The Wonder Stuff as many of their songs feature an amazing fiddler?

Another blast from the past. I remember listening to them a lot but wouldn't regard them alongside my favourites. I did enjoy watching them though, they definitely put on a show.
Meet Keith, Greg and Carl....... better known as ELP

I really like this. I recently saw Carl Palmer in Lexington, Kentucky. He and his band were in top form performing all the ELP classics including my person favourite, Knife Edge. His show incorporates (for about eight or so songs) synchronized video footage with vocals, bass and keyboards from Emerson and Lake . I thought it would be very hokey but was blown away by how well (and respectfully) it was executed. Emerson was actually front and center (and loud) on the final number (Fanfare, as above but from the Albert Hall performance). Carl Palmer cut up quite a bit with the audience between songs and was a drumming beast, especially considering he was (until three days ago) 73. A good time had by all including many youngsters in the audience.

Back