The Summerwine.net music thread

First Hendrix song I heard was when my mate had Are You Experienced on his record deck and I Don't Live Today was playing and I was, to put it mildly, blown away. It's lyrics especially resonated with the 18 year old I was back in 83. Hendrix came and went like a beautiful whirlwind.

Great artist played Newcastle a few times managed by Chas Chandler well known Geordie and bass player with the Animals . Played our sadly now demolished Club Agogo and after a gig Chas took him down to a seaside town Tynemouth and he is supposed to have had fish and chips from a local restaurant . They recently had a blue plaque mounted outside as testimony to this event but some people believe this to be untrue and a bit self promotion to get punters in but who knows it would be great if its true.

IMG_4057.JPG

One of my favs. Nice clean stereo arrangement. Synths. Anti-establishment. Still a 'spine tingler' for me. Anyone else still get that from some songs?

Sadly the death of David Lindley has been announced aged 78 played with many famous people Ry Cooder, Jackson Browne but on his own and with his band El Rayo X provided great music . A very sad day . Sorry but you tube live videos arent great so here's one with just a static picture of his album cover.

Sadly the death of David Lindley has been announced aged 78 played with many famous people Ry Cooder, Jackson Browne but on his own and with his band El Rayo X provided great music . A very sad day . Sorry but you tube live videos arent great so here's one with just a static picture of his album cover.

Death is an ass.
This is for you captain

Back