The Summerwine.net music thread

Have to say I had not heard of them don't think they hit the UK in the sixties, but I stand to be corrected .I added this and lazy day to my go to playlist , thank you Onslow for pointing them out with your post .

Have to say I had not heard of them don't think they hit the UK in the sixties, but I stand to be corrected .I added this and lazy day to my go to playlist , thank you Onslow for pointing them out with your post .
You're welcome Captain! They had a more popular hit with Walk Away Renée but I like this one.

This video was not mine originally. As an experiment I downloaded it from YouTube in 2013, put some titles on it and re uploaded the amended video back on YouTube. The video flatlined for years but then suddenly took off, peaking at about 18,000 views per day and it now has 5 million views. I have other uploads but none that ever had anything like this one. Strange..

Alright, I'm going out on a limb here! You can call me odd, wierd, strange perhaps maybe a little insane but I have an addiction...... no an affliction.
I simply love the News 24 Countdown music. It's simplicity yet cleverly subtle second/pip countdown metronomic sequence. Listening to the whole you get the orchestrated strings, but also the amazingly sexy bass and heavy drums (David Lowe admits the early ones used a drum and string sequencer)
Alright you can all laugh at me now, I don't care! I think it's just perfect.........

The king of TV themes Howard Goodall has done a number of TV shows about music , I still have the 50th anniversary of Sgt Peppers show he did on my TIVO box but did a few programmes about the Beatles which seem to be on You Tube , here's the first

Back