Thumpy Dub bridge

JBCat

Dedicated Member
Another location question, with visiting Holmfirth in mind.

I was wondering if one can get right up to the Thumpy Dub bridge or is it private?

If it has to be viewed from afar where is the best place to do this? - looking at a map, it looks as if one could walk along Sheffield Road, and turn down Meal Hill Lane, can it be seen clearly from there?

Many thanks!

Thanks so much for that, Terry - I was barking up the wrong tree before but now I see it and have checked out the route on Google Street View too. What a fantastic view!

Another location question, with visiting Holmfirth in mind.

I was wondering if one can get right up to the Thumpy Dub bridge or is it private?

If it has to be viewed from afar where is the best place to do this? - looking at a map, it looks as if one could walk along Sheffield Road, and turn down Meal Hill Lane, can it be seen clearly from there?

Many thanks!
Here's a consolation prize, photographed recently while filming for "Summer Wine" anniversary documentary video.
20220917_130658R.jpg

I grew up near a bridge sort of like that. It was an earthen bridge and blue wild flowers grew on it. It went over a creek that had low water so one (as a child, of course) could walk through the conduits (tunnels) balancing on the bolts (in the dry area) that fastened the conduits.

Back