Web Browser links question

Pain

• Total voters

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed on several sites, one being Ebay, that if you click a link on an item that interest you it opens up and another page, which then retains the original page where you left it.
Do you find this useful or a pain

I'd find it a pain but my chrome browser never does that, it always opens on the same page, you then use the back button to go back the original page.

I'd find it a pain but my chrome browser never does that, it always opens on the same page, you then use the back button to go back the original page.
I think on certain sites, that when you use the back button, it defaults to the start of the page, which sometimes means a lot of scrolling to find where you were

I can right click on an item and select "open link in new tab" if I wanted to. There's probably somewhere in the browser settings where you can change the default setting.

I think it a good idea. On sites that I use a lot, e.g. Amazon and Ebay to be able to easily return to the landing page is helpful.

I find it useful, particularly if you're browsing lots of items, you can always do this manually by right clicking any link and selecting 'open in new tab' or the like

I actually find it a useful thing so I don't lose my place on the previous page, although if I am reading a page with a lot of links such as photo thumbnails etc... I always right click and use the open in new tab function.

I can right click on an item and select "open link in new tab" if I wanted to. There's probably somewhere in the browser settings where you can change the default setting.
Also you can press the Ctrl key when clicking a link and it will open in a new tab. If you press the Shift key when clicking a link it will open in a new window.

Back