what character would you be

PC Cooper, had a cushy job, had a few scrapes with the Police car,
but, it didn't get him into trouble, had a good pension for lounging about in the Police car,
having barbeque's and generally doing nothing.
I often wonder what a day in Cooper or Walsh's shoes would have been like.

I am probably missing the point of the original question, but for me I'd rather invent a new character and insert them into the summer wine world. I have to say though, the older I get the more I wish for a quiet, peaceful, uncomplicated, uninterrupted life so I suppose I'm a bit like Clegg in that.

(Unfortunately, I've spent the last few days cleaning up tree limbs from an ice storm and spent nearly 3 days before that without electricity, and am now in a race with the elements, ants, and gophers to get my garden in. Clegg had trouble with his toaster, I have a chainsaw that invariably wants to throw its chain at the worst possible moment.)

Lol I asked my parents what character I would be and they both said "Marina!" They didn't even have to think about it or anything! Lol I think my boyfriend is the Norman Clegg type. He's kind of timid and didn't have much experience with women before me. I've dated more women than he has. Which kind of makes our relationship strange, but nothing about our relationship has ever made sense. He's goth, I'm quirky. He's independent, I'm codependent. He's neurotypical, I'm mentally ill. So basically it's goth Norman Clegg dating quirky Marina! Lol Mom says she would like to be Ivy because she would like to run the cafe and dad says he would like to be Wesley so he can just work on cars all day! Lol

Probably Seymour, he had a large home, tucked away in the countryside, possibly a decent pension and he seemed to enjoy life
I noticed the house and thought how did he afford that (and all that land)? There definitely appeared to be a cross section of socio-economic backgrounds among the characters. Barry's house looked to be one of the most expensive, however he was in the banking business and was not on a fixed income.

I noticed the house and thought how did he afford that (and all that land)? There definitely appeared to be a cross section of socio-economic backgrounds among the characters. Barry's house looked to be one of the most expensive, however he was in the banking business and was not on a fixed income.
He was an ex headteacher so probably had a decent wage in his time, I do wonder how Barry would have afforded that big house bearing in mind he was only an assistant manager of a very small building society and Glenda never seemed to have a job!

There's no sports about it. Anything over 50mph is a white nuckle ride. Been panicking last week as she's been leaking petrol & only 2 weeks till the events. Tracked down to a punctured float in the carb & aftermarket fuel pumps giving too much pressure. Parts should come this week.

There's no sports about it. Anything over 50mph is a white nuckle ride. Been panicking last week as she's been leaking petrol & only 2 weeks till the events. Tracked down to a punctured float in the carb & aftermarket fuel pumps giving too much pressure. Parts should come this week.
Stop asking Wes-lay to fix it, he will insist on adding extra gears and moving your brake around!

My nom-de-plume says it all!

Before I ever saw Seymour in LOTSW, I had seen Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. In Seymour's second episode when he delivered the tirade to Wesley about "all the moles in Whitehall" and "Bull! its the milkman", the creative genius of the writer for inserting that in the script, coupled with the delivery that only Michael Aldrich could have done, won me over. What carried forward was the observation that Michael Aldrich very often had a genuine smile on his face, I would guess mostly unscripted! I suspect he enjoyed doing the show, probably as much as I enjoy watching it.

This isn't to imply that the other actors didn't enjoy doing the show, but there was something about Seymour's smile that sticks in my mind.

Sorry for being so wordy.

My nom-de-plume says it all!

Before I ever saw Seymour in LOTSW, I had seen Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. In Seymour's second episode when he delivered the tirade to Wesley about "all the moles in Whitehall" and "Bull! its the milkman", the creative genius of the writer for inserting that in the script, coupled with the delivery that only Michael Aldrich could have done, won me over. What carried forward was the observation that Michael Aldrich very often had a genuine smile on his face, I would guess mostly unscripted! I suspect he enjoyed doing the show, probably as much as I enjoy watching it.

This isn't to imply that the other actors didn't enjoy doing the show, but there was something about Seymour's smile that sticks in my mind.

Sorry for being so wordy.
Yes, the 'Milkman' line was super, I agree. Then again, isn't it always. :cool:

Back