What do you Collect

Collected Football cards as a kid until my jaw ached from chewing the gum , not only admiring the cards but used them to play a game with two small dictionaries as the goals with the keeper card propped up against the rest of cards were spread in formation over the carpet , rolled up silver foil as a ball the card was then used flick the ball goalwards , the card closest to the ball had the chance to kick it . If the goalkeeper was hit and fell down had to stay down for three kicks of the ball . I suppose its a very primitive subbuteo but great fun and we had leagues. I have always collected music all of which is stored in Pickfords store probably approaching 3000 CD's

Computer components (I have CPU's / Memory / Motherboards / cables (you name it) and a truck and trailer load of stuff dating as far back as my 14400 Modem (1991) ) I just can't throw stuff away, I'm one of those who always think... "it may come in useful someday!"
I also collect blue and white china, though much more slowly now I'm on a pension!

Computer components (I have CPU's / Memory / Motherboards / cables (you name it) and a truck and trailer load of stuff dating as far back as my 14400 Modem (1991) ) I just can't throw stuff away, I'm one of those who always think... "it may come in useful someday!"
I also collect blue and white china, though much more slowly now I'm on a pension!
Have to admit I do love a bit of blue and white china but him in doors has started making noise about all the crockery I collect especially as I moan about his little soldier people all over the blooming place.

If you need any Sinclair spares, it is more than possible that Tony has some

Are any of you collectors, I used to have a large collection of things made in Bakelite, due to downsizing our home most of it had to go, I still have a small collection of early mobile & home telephones, and of course LOSW bits
I have shown my collection of ghetto blasters on another post before but on Saturday I bought this 1952 Bakelite radio for £2 at a boot sale mainly for the reason the make is my surname , missing the extra M but you can’t have everything.
It had a crack on the front that I have filled and I’m now looking for a suitable colour to paint over it. The Bakelite has come up quite well with a polish.
12965101-E188-418A-B8CE-776CB3ABEA27.jpegC0AD997C-C706-4212-96AA-BDBE99C15C44.jpeg599BAACD-697A-48CA-9F86-D8AF0DEC75ED.jpeg

Are any of you collectors, I used to have a large collection of things made in Bakelite, due to downsizing our home most of it had to go, I still have a small collection of early mobile & home telephones, and of course LOSW bits
I have this old ( dirty :( ) phone that I must have had for about 40 years, it has an excellent ring but the days of using a finger to dial slowly are over for me!

Attachments

• A52CB3F5-B759-4465-B293-AF4F9322E3C4.jpeg
    A52CB3F5-B759-4465-B293-AF4F9322E3C4.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3
I have shown my collection of ghetto blasters on another post before but on Saturday I bought this 1952 Bakelite radio for £2 at a boot sale mainly for the reason the make is my surname , missing the extra M but you can’t have everything.
It had a crack on the front that I have filled and I’m now looking for a suitable colour to paint over it. The Bakelite has come up quite well with a polish.
View attachment 7559View attachment 7560View attachment 7561
Are they Ghetto Blasters or Brixton Briefcases? :D

Back