What's This On The Holmfirth Webcam?

Stephen

Just spotted this on Holmfirth's webcam. Lol
Is it a UFO? Is it a black hole about to swallow our beloved town? Or is it, simply, a local pigeon that was caught short? :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210812-194930~2.png
    Screenshot_20210812-194930~2.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 25
I sometimes have spiders walking over the security cameras I have at home, and it looks like the monster out of Alien is walking over my drive!!!

Edit: I took just a moment too long typing this and Graham beat me to it.

As usual, I'm about to bring the conversation crashing back down to earth.

That black burned-out spot shows up daily when the sun is at an angle to shine directly into the camera lens. It disappears after a few minutes and all is well until dusk, when the camera picks up the glare because the camera is located inside a window and its infrared capability hasn't been turned off.

Edit: I took just a moment too long typing this and Graham beat me to it.

As usual, I'm about to bring the conversation crashing back down to earth.

That black burned-out spot shows up daily when the sun is at an angle to shine directly into the camera lens. It disappears after a few minutes and all is well until dusk, when the camera picks up the glare because the camera is located inside a window and its infrared capability hasn't been turned off.

I'm still going with the UFO/blackhole theory, just to be awkward. Lol. :fp:

Remember the man whose wife insisted on a living room camera to keep an eye on the rescue kittens and then refused to take it down, even once they were all adopted out

Back