White Horse Jackson Bridge?

R

Relear

Used to stop there but the website they have is down, has it changed hands?

I'm not sure whether it has recently mate, but the last time I was there the Proprietor was a right misery and if his demeanour has carried on in the same way, then the lack of customers has probably removed the need for a website.
I'm sure that one of those more local will be able to answer definitively for you.

When was last time you went there? Last time I went a geordie bloke ran it, was that who you saw?

It was a fair while ago mate, not far off two years now. It was a sandy haired fella who was lacking in nearly all the social graces. I was over there from Liverpool with my mate Pete who is the calm one of the duo and even he was moved to remark upon the attitude of the landlord.
We explained that we were just visiting and were pleased to be in the Pub, for all the memories etc...and his attitude left alot to be desired. He wasn't a Geordie, his accent was hard to place, but certainly not Geordie.

This past Spring when we were over, it was closed.

Year before it was being run by a young girl, the daughter
of one of the owners. Not really busy then.

Heard that its not been sold yet
I have always loved the place and always been made to feel welcome by the landlord and landlady
total strangers will chat to you and they have a huge open fire. Was top place last time I visited

One pub I would avoid is the Boot and shoe just up from that. Its a horrible place, really cliquey.

We have always got a great welcome at The Boot and Shoe
in Scholes (sp??). Even the pub dog loves us. When the
dog is not in evidence, the landlord goes to fetch it to
see us! Great warplane pix on the walls as well. It's a
handy stop after the White Horse, and a hike over to
Hepworth, then back to Scholes and the pub, then
Totties and up to Wooldale (where the pubs is open
very rarely). Love the whole area!!

Oh right
I always tried to make an effort to talk but people werent interested
never saw the landlord any time I was in there, nice view out the back window of the pub
but afford from that didnt like it in there to be honest

Back