Wogan. Now You’re Talking.Christmas tv.

Just watched this great C5 show I recorded the other day.
Even though I was probably too young (and a punk at the time) I’ve always loved listening to him.
His successful chat show was dropped by the bbc in favour of Elderado!!
You couldn’t beat a bit of Janet & John.
To quote John Shuttleworth, you were probably too busy to stop in watching TV and out on your Spacehopper enjoying the sunshine :p :p :p

I remember a legendary Geordie comedian the one and only Bobby Thompson , the Little Waster, appeared on his show . In essence you have and Irishman putting questions to a very very broad Geordie[though technical he was a Mackem as he's from Penshaw in Sunderland] , pretty sure Wogan didn't understand a word Bobby said but he was such a consummate interviewer you would never have guessed always made his guests feel at home .

Bobby , a bit like Jethro, is now considered old fashioned now but his CD and DVD still sell . He was never blue but lots of jokes about the mother in law for example "I fell oot with hur mother .She said when are you going to speak to me mother again Bobby , ah said through a medium" but his stories about being on first name terms with the Queen , Prince Philip and the Royal Family that made him different and so well liked.

Back