Four hosepipes

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Now I know I will be deep doo-doo from SWMBO [She Who Must Be Obeyed] for mentioning this but, this morning I noticed that as she struggled to clear the waterfall out in the back garden, there were, not one, not two, not three but four hosepipes out there on the ground. I asked why we needed four hosepipes and the look she gave me could have withered a walnut in a lead-lined biscuit tin at forty paces. If you fellas are somewhat remiss about making any comment and prefer to remain out of harm's way then I will understand. I suppose that one or two of the ladies will want to give me a good bonce bashing with a metal mallet but PLEASE, can anyone tell me what she wants to do with four hosepipes, water the gardens in STEREO? :confused:
Peri.

we have one of those fancy hosepipes that swell up when you put water through , strange to watch it grow as it fills up ,, cant imagine why she needs four pipes though

we have one of those fancy hosepipes that swell up when you put water through , strange to watch it grow as it fills up ,, cant imagine why she needs four pipes though

I think she wants to put one in each of my nostrils, one in my mouth but I'm not sure where she plans to shove the fourth one.:13:

why is he called Compo ?
It is a play on the word COMPENSATION whereby any one injured at work could get social security if they were unable to work. Compo though had it down to a fine art, no work (oooh me back me back ! )and enough money for the Gee gees which he was always keen on supplementing by scrounging for food!

why is he called Compo ?
I always thought it was the fact that he lived on the dole and received compensation. However, I have just looked up como and dole and can find no connection. I bet that some of our more enlightened members can tell us how he came by the name of Compo. Anybody know?

I always thought it was the fact that he lived on the dole and received compensation. However, I have just looked up como and dole and can find no connection. I bet that some of our more enlightened members can tell us how he came by the name of Compo. Anybody know?
COMPO is from the Australian habit of shortening words. They picked on the word COMPENSATION and soon shortened it to COMPO ! According to a definition in WIKIPEDIA that is :confused2::08:

It was given as a payment to people who could not do their regular jobs ! Used as a word for dole sometimes, (doling out their money )

COMPO is from the Australian habit of shortening words. They picked on the word COMPENSATION and soon shortened it to COMPO ! According to a definition in WIKIPEDIA that is :confused2::08:
Each day I learn something new. Your posting has just enlightened me to something I didn't know. It's the word WIKIPEDIA. I always thought that that was a sign outside a Soho toilet where the gangs used to gather. I thought it was the WICKEDPEEDHERE.
Well, it is getting late and I am getting old. :confused:

Back