Your favourite quotes from Last Of The Summer Wine. I'll begin

I realise this has been quoted before perhaps from "Getting Sam Home"?
Then all those brightly plumed kids who left school, flying cheerfully and didn't get far.
Ran smack into World War II...........

Little Tommy Naylor, lying in Africa somewhere.
Blood on his beak.

I felt this was such a touching line and Clegg was definitely the right character for the line, I know too many of these would detract from the comedic aspect of the show, however, it reveals the humanity of the character.

I realise this has been quoted before perhaps from "Getting Sam Home"?
Then all those brightly plumed kids who left school, flying cheerfully and didn't get far.
Ran smack into World War II...........

Little Tommy Naylor, lying in Africa somewhere.
Blood on his beak.

I felt this was such a touching line and Clegg was definitely the right character for the line, I know too many of these would detract from the comedic aspect of the show, however, it reveals the humanity of the character.
There's been a few comments about war and other social situations. Roy Clarke was a brilliant writer.
There was a quote from compo about having to iron his uniform and die for the privilege. Excellent stuff.

Regarding Compo. Mr Wainwright: When I heard I was being transferred back here, I used to indulge in a little dream.......That he might have emigrated, or stumbled into the path of an articulated vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom