2 days to go

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Only two days to go to my Holiday to yorkshire.Looking forward to it now i am going to Whitby on Sunday.Haworth on Bank holiday Monday.Marsden tuesday.Scarbourgh on Wed.Not sure about thursday and Holmfirth on my birthday on friday.Will give a wave in the webcam do not know what time i will be there but i know i am going to do the tour again and will start the day with a nice cuppa from Sids cafe.Might go up to Upperthong to see Bill and then get some lunch somewhere(Any suggestions).Hope the weather holds out. :)

While in Haworth there are several really neat SW-oriented
hikes, including up to the Oakworth station and down
to Oxenhope (including the Railway Children
walk). There is (or was??) a new brewpub in Haworth
as well. The Old Silent pub in Stanbury has wonderful
food and good Old Peculiar (you go close if you do the
Bronte walk). There is a butcher down at the bottom
of town that sells chunks of really wonderful Stilton.

Have a great holiday, Amos! I envy you. One day I'd love to visit all these places.
Enjoy, and tell us about it when you get back, yeah?

Only two days to go to my Holiday to yorkshire.Looking forward to it now i am going to Whitby on Sunday.Haworth on Bank holiday Monday.Marsden tuesday.Scarbourgh on Wed.Not sure about thursday and Holmfirth on my birthday on friday.Will give a wave in the webcam do not know what time i will be there but i know i am going to do the tour again and will start the day with a nice cuppa from Sids cafe.Might go up to Upperthong to see Bill and then get some lunch somewhere(Any suggestions).Hope the weather holds out. :)

The Corner house Cafe opposite the post office/bus station in Holmfirth do decent basic food closes around 3pm,not been to any of the pubs there for food so cannot comment,The Wrinkled Stocking next to Compo's is ok but expensive,they have some nice cakes

I can recommend the tea and scones in Sids. I'm looking forward to it myself on Saturday :)
Have a great holiday and tell us all about it when you get back ;D

Cheers guys hpe the weather is better than it is in Kent at the mo,Pouring hard with rain here.Will not be posting for a week so hope you all have a good week and keep up the intresting topics i will be back online next sunday.

Back