another new member

ferret

Dedicated Member
eh up- newbie alert.
hello from Cheshire, i came across this site by accident when trying to find a location on t'internet for an early episode of LOTSW i was watching. Love the early episodes with Blamire, Foggy, Seymore and Foggy again but not really a fan of the Truly years although i did find a few of the Hobbo episodes amusing. My wife and i go to Holmfirth quite a few times a year [we live about 40 minutes away] just to have a mooch around with our two Jack Russells. We sometimes stay in our campervan at the site up the road [Holme Valley]and go to the Picturedrome to see a band. :)

eh up- newbie alert.
hello from Cheshire, i came across this site by accident when trying to find a location on t'internet for an early episode of LOTSW i was watching. Love the early episodes with Blamire, Foggy, Seymore and Foggy again but not really a fan of the Truly years although i did find a few of the Hobbo episodes amusing. My wife and i go to Holmfirth quite a few times a year [we live about 40 minutes away] just to have a mooch around with our two Jack Russells. We sometimes stay in our campervan at the site up the road [Holme Valley]and go to the Picturedrome to see a band. :)

Welcome aboard,so you will be one of those members who we keep asking to pop into Holmfirth to check things out,seeing you live so close,hope the map section helped you find what you were looking for and enjoy your stay here,Terry

thanks for that, the location map is great although my old laptop is now getting a little slow so it can take a while to get all the info' up on the screen- there's plenty on the map, it is good to have a delve into it every so often.
The location i was originally looking for was the structure[folly?] on the grassy hill that was used as a meeting place in some of the earlier episodes.

thanks for that, the location map is great although my old laptop is now getting a little slow so it can take a while to get all the info' up on the screen- there's plenty on the map, it is good to have a delve into it every so often.
The location i was originally looking for was the structure[folly?] on the grassy hill that was used as a meeting place in some of the earlier episodes.

Sounds like the one we have just discussed that has now been pulled down

Yes it does, on the park behind the the library, access up a very steep road- would get fit walking up that every day. Such a shame it has gone-great view of the town from there.

Welcome Ferret!!! Thanks for hanging out with us. Lucky you to be so close to Holmfirth, I'm jealous!! ;D

Back