Blamire and Foggy's pate' fondness

C W Northrop

Dedicated Member
I think it was half they liked the taste and half they wanted to appear a cut above. One episode Compo dismisses it as 'posh potted meat',or something like that. Can't recall whether that line is from 'Pate' And Chips' or 'The Waist Land'. Must admit IMO its great on French Stick

Potted meat for Tories was an expression Compo used and if I`m right, that expression was used more than once.

yes it is pate and chips, potted meat basically being a pate, albeit rather bland, so that i think refers to their aspirations and the chips (as in fries ) being the basic common meal accompaniment brings it back to earth. :)

yes it is pate and chips, potted meat basically being a pate, albeit rather bland, so that i think refers to their aspirations and the chips (as in fries ) being the basic common meal accompaniment brings it back to earth. :)

i thought the "chips" in the title of that episode refered to compo's relative

Good thinking, could be either or both i guess, suppose you could see that as chip and all his kids, always something to discuss eh ? :)

Foggy called it parte' when they filled the tummy,s of health farm customers,he also refered to Compo drinking tea from a saucer akin to emptying a pond ,clearly he prefered the high life.

i thought the "chips" in the title of that episode refered to compo's relative

I thought this too. Comparing the different social class of Foggy and Compo ( and his family) and doing the same with pate and chips (Foggy being the pate) Foggy loved to pretend he was a cut above lol.

I thought this too. Comparing the different social class of Foggy and Compo ( and his family) and doing the same with pate and chips (Foggy being the pate) Foggy loved to pretend he was a cut above lol.

Am I missing something here? Was not "Pâté and Chips" a Series #1 Blamire episode?

Am I missing something here? Was not "Pâté and Chips" a Series #1 Blamire episode?

It was. I think Pate' And Chips is being confused with The Waist Land. Wonder f Blamire introduced Foggy to pate' when they met up in Oswestry? :)

Back