Christmas

George

Super Moderator
I know it's early but 1.Which is your favourite Summer Wine special
and 2.Which is your favourite Christmas Movie."
Mine
1. A Tale of Two Sweaters
2. Miracle on 34th Street (1947 version with Edmund Gwenn)

Well, I think "Getting Sam Home" was also among the Christmas specials and I like it very much, but if you mean an actual Christmas episode, I think it is "What´s Santa brought for Nora then?".
And movie, well, "A Christmas Carol in Prose" with George C. Scott as Scrooge, I once watched it when I was a child and only found it again last year, I think this is my favourite, I also love to read this story.

Well, I think "Getting Sam Home" was also among the Christmas specials and I like it very much, but if you mean an actual Christmas episode, I think it is "What´s Santa brought for Nora then?".
And movie, well, "A Christmas Carol in Prose" with George C. Scott as Scrooge, I once watched it when I was a child and only found it again last year, I think this is my favourite, I also love to read this story.
Me too I love 'A Christmas Carol'

As LOTSW speicals go it can be hard to choose, but for the moment I'll go with CRUMS. A Christmas movie? The Man Who Came To Dinner, for those of you who even know what I'm talking about! ;)

I'd say my favorite LOTSW special is All Mod Conned. I can't really think of a favorite Christmas movie though.

I'd say my favorite LOTSW special is All Mod Conned. I can't really think of a favorite Christmas movie though.
I love the line when Foggy and Clegg call on Compo and he's still in the house.
Foggy "What are you doing in there."
Compo "I live here you daft buttock"

Crums - it sums up my approach to Christmas precisely!

Little question - what does CRUMS stand for? No prize but interested in who can remember that far back as I am not aware that it was ever shown a second time on TV, even UK Gold

Crums - it sums up my approach to Christmas precisely!

Little question - what does CRUMS stand for? No prize but interested in who can remember that far back as I am not aware that it was ever shown a second time on TV, even UK Gold
Christmas-Resistance-Underground-Movement.lol
Yes it has been on Gold about two years ago.

I must admit I get pretty fed up with Xmas starting in September as far as the advertisers go,then once we get into October it's open season and by November they treat the public as if they are stupid and we are not aware the Xmas is only weeks away,God only knows what rubbish the TV companies will treat us to this year over the Christmas break, it has been going downhill for several years and now they are strapped for cash we could be treated to Celebrity Christmas tree and how to make your house look good for the season,the only real glimmer is they may show a new losw episode

wel in tht case maltrab theres no gud news 4 u this year cause theres no x-mas LOTSW planned from the batch they filmed

I did pick up when I went filming they did plan to show one of the episodes over Christmas,even though there was no special,fingers crossed it happens

thts not wat i was told wen they were filmed i was told all 6 episodes are self contained with each other in a story arc type thing and will be shown early 2010 possibly feb time

wel i kno someone who can get tv listings a month early so wil ask him if he has decembers yet

Should be nice to know wich Christmas day you have to stay at home.

About the early starting of Christmas this year:
Here in the Netherlands we do have Sinterklaas on December 5th. (The real one, not that person the Americans invented, living on the North Pole and giving presents on December 26th.)
The supermarkets are already a few weeks filled with chocolate letters and sweets.
The toys shops are delivering extra catalogues into your letterbox.
Last week I asked a shopkeeper where I could find the Easter Eggs. I was almost thrown out of the shop...
Mind you, my holiday beard made me look somewhat scruffy.
And I was in a part of the Netherlands where jokes are not appreciated...

@ Dutchcompo: Yes, we have Sankt Nikolaus on December 6th in Germany, I think that´s what you call Sinterklaas.

LOL, yes, that´s what get on my nerves about Christmas, all these shops that are overdoing it and sometime they´ll overtake themselves and actually sell Easter Eggs on Christmas! I like Christmas, I´m not a CRUM, but it´s not easy with all this fuss they make.

I love Whats Santa getting Nora and The Loxley Lozenge.

Fave Christmas film would have to be It's a Wonderful Life.