Cluster Headaches

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
I have suffered from cluster headaches for over fifteen years. My episodes normally start about early to mid February and last anywhere between twelve and fourteen weeks. The number I get overnight can vary between three and seven. There have been what the Doctors call "skipped" years, when I don't get any.... I live in hope for one of those this year. I have Oxygen next to my bed and it does work, as soon as the headache starts I apply O2 which eases the symptoms.
At long last a spotlight has been put on these terrible, terrible headaches.

Drawing attention to medical conditions is important, people don't realise just how debilitating some conditions can be and it can often leave other sufferer feeling isolated and depressed so talk about it to anyone that will listen because you never know who is suffering from what it might help someone come forward for support. Hope this year is a skipping year for you Tony.

I have suffered from cluster headaches for over fifteen years. My episodes normally start about early to mid February and last anywhere between twelve and fourteen weeks. The number I get overnight can vary between three and seven. There have been what the Doctors call "skipped" years, when I don't get any.... I live in hope for one of those this year. I have Oxygen next to my bed and it does work, as soon as the headache starts I apply O2 which eases the symptoms.
At long last a spotlight has been put on these terrible, terrible headaches.

My thoughts are with you, my late mother used to suffer badly with these cluster headaches and migraines and I recall she just had to lie down in a darkened room.

I'm guessing they are linked to migraines? I suffer with migraines periodically but just get the strange kaleidoscope aura which affects my vision for about an hour and then they disappear without further symptoms. Sometimes I can get several in a month then not have another one for several years.

Back