Compos tea drinking habits

amos hames

Dedicated Member
He always seemed to drink his tea from his saucer. Did we ever see him drink from a cup. Maybe in the Blamire era but not after that. or am I mistaken.

Two things spring to mind Amos, one where Edie tried to get him to drink from the thing with a spout( wouldn't he rather have a beaker??)I'm not sure if he poured his tea in a saucer then. The other was when Ivy tried to make him drink quietly.I remember he still slurped it anyway. ;D ;D

Yes ! And I do recall him drinking from a cup a time or two. Will have to look for it my next go round of the series.

my Grandad used to drink out of a saucer, always. I always wondered why, I suppose it cools it quicker

I may have to double check on this, but in The Last Pigeon and Post when they were sitting outside the French cafe, wasn't Compo drinking from that really huge cup, or did he pour it in the saucer?

I may have to double check on this, but in The Last Pigeon and Post when they were sitting outside the French cafe, wasn't Compo drinking from that really huge cup, or did he pour it in the saucer?

You have to think at this stage he was very unwell, but he still lifted the cup whether he drank from it or that was added later is another thing

Back