Edie's auto

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
We know, Edie - Wesley's wife (although Clegg's wife was also an Edie) - drove a red Triumph Herald convertible.

What was the registration? I think it was an H reg which would make it about 1969 vintage or thereabouts.

I now have the answer - coutesy a clip referred to elsewhere.

WRH 132J

so I was a year out in my guess of age.

I thought J reg was 1971?

Remember the Polski Fiat pick-up truck they used in the episode "getting barry higher"?
The reg on that was GKK, the initials for my name, George Kenneth Kempson.

Wicked,

G ; )

J was actually August 1970 to July 1971 - I knowas I bought a new Honda 50 in 1971 in August with a K registration.

I wonder where the car is now?

I bought a CZ 175 in `72 on a K plate.
I know it was a damn nippy day when i picked it up from the shop in Blackburn, so i'm assuming it was the tail-end of `72, which would make it a K reg?

That would be a goodie if i could get the GKK plate off the pick-up, a bit of Summer wine on my car.

G ; )

Ah CZ 175 - had two of those. Excellent bike. I managed to break a piston ring on one of them- but head off, new rings fitted - filed over the proud parts of the head which had been gouged around by flying rings: put back together - fired up first kick and run very sweetly until sold.

I used it when my "proper" bike - a Velocette Venom - would not budge! I had a second hand H reg then a brand new N reg in 1975.

In those days registration years went from August to July - so K went from Aug 71 (I had just left college and wanted a reliable machine - hence a Honda 50 at that time ready for the new job in September) to the following July, so your CZ must have been registered by July 1972. sometimes shops registered them then sold them later on.

However I notice that this thread is deviating - a bit like when Cleggy and compo would be talking to Foggy!

Now here is a weird thing - I have just spell checked as my typing is atrocious - and they spellchecker does not recognise Cleggy - so suggested "clergy"!

My dad has a vintage car similar to Edie´s ;D, a red TR 6. But I think Edie´s car was not exactly the same model in every episode. But I know in the Dancing Feet episode it was a Triumph Herald.

My Dad had a red porsche. Diesel from 1959.
Something like the one that the Thursday's girlfriend of Compo drove during his funeral.

Back