Foggy and Billy

C W Northrop

Dedicated Member
Pity Foggy left before Billy's time,would have been interesting to see his thoughts on Billy's Robin Hood fixation. I also think Foggy and Tom would have had some good scenes too

Interesting thought, CW. However, I don't know if Billy would have ever come along if Foggy was still around.

My thinking is Tom was the first attempt at a full replacement for Compo but it was determined that there was still a bit of a void to fill. Then came Billy, whom perhaps Clarke felt added a warrior/adventurer persona that Summer Wine once benefited from with Foggy.

Billy appeared in a couple of episodes with Compo.

Really? I don't recall which ones.

"How Errol Flynn Discovered the Secret Scar of Nora Batty" and "Last Post and Pigeon"

So my thinking was that he started out as a guest and then became a regular. Therefor, I will stick with my original theory about the introduction to Billy as a regular cast member.

Thanks for the info, Chunky. I figured he may have been in one of the specials which I don't get to see. As for How Errol Flynn Discovered the Secret Scar of Nora Batty, that must be one of the very few episodes that I haven't seen yet. After three times around now of watching the show from beginning to end, I don't know how I manage to miss that one, unless for some reason, our PBS station fails to air it.

So my thinking was that he started out as a guest and then became a regular. Therefor, I will stick with my original theory about the introduction to Billy as a regular cast member.

Thanks for the info, Chunky. I figured he may have been in one of the specials which I don't get to see. As for How Errol Flynn Discovered the Secret Scar of Nora Batty, that must be one of the very few episodes that I haven't seen yet. After three times around now of watching the show from beginning to end, I don't know how I manage to miss that one, unless for some reason, our PBS station fails to air it.

Certainly looks like after his doing three episodes ("How Errol Flynn Discovered the Secret Scar of Nora Batty" and "Last Post and Pigeon" plus "Waggoner's Roll near the end of Series #21) they thought the cast needing strengthening for Series #22 and Billy became a member of the trio.

Back