Forum Spell Checker

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
Have we touched on this before? I do get much niggled by fact that we seem to be tied to a US English spell checker. Do we have any option here? Is there anywhere we can select UK English?

:13: :mad: :13: :mad: :13: :mad: :13:

Have we touched on this before? I do get much niggled by fact that we seem to be tied to a US English spell checker. Do we have any option here? Is there anywhere we can select UK English?

:13: :mad: :13: :mad: :13: :mad: :13:

Not sure Unc I will ask Tony,it may not be American it may be a Cornish spell checker

Hold on a cotton picking minute, what spell check? Where's the spell chuck?

Hold on a cotton picking minute, what spell check? Where's the spell chuck?

When you typed in your 'gusson woteegoyndowidden ??' did you not get the two words underlined in a wavy red line - not there when you Preview or Submit Reply.

When you typed in your 'gusson woteegoyndowidden ??' did you not get the two words underlined in a wavy red line - not there when you Preview or Submit Reply.

No, not on my phone or desk top but I do on my laptop but thats the laptop spell check.

Being old fashioned if I am not sure I still get a dictionary out, sad I know but comforting !

Hi guys, there is no spell checker installed on the forum, any spellchecker you see, or tries to correct your spelling is purely browser based. Not guilty.

Many thanks for that. After I posted I started to wonder if the Spell Checker was Windows or Google Chrome based. Must see if I can set language in either.

Got it. After a wee bit struggle managed to alter Google Chrome language to English (UK).

:-[ :D :respect: :-[ :respect: :D

My laptop spell check is American too, its adds Z's where there should be S's ! Have you changed yours Big Unc? If so how?

My laptop spell check is American too, its adds Z's where there should be S's ! Have you changed yours Big Unc? If so how?

It will not be your 'laptop' itself but the spell check facility in your browser. I use Google Chrome and altered the Spell checker from English (US) to English (UK) in the Chrome Settings facility.

I prefer to use the 'ise' ending instead of 'ize' in the applicably words even if Morse maintained that 'ize' is correct - that is what the Oxford Dictionary specifies.

I'm Chrome too. I'll have look and see if I can change it............. Now did I see settings...........................................?

Back