Has Anyone Noticed

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
In the episode The Flag and Further Snags the interior set for Nora's is very odd,when Wally has the front door open there are houses opposite,yet at that time I think it was a working mill opposite,also the room where Nora is standing on the table has a wall behind her which is almost level with the front door, yet as the camera moves about it shows a flight of stairs going up behind that wall,which is really clever as they would then be outside the front of the building

Yes, I have noticed.

From memory, the front door is hung the wrong way.

The lounge is often shown in a different place in other episodes.

And I seem to recall the wallpaper is hanging off, but will have to check.

Also over the years Noras kitchen sink seems in different positions. Mainly by the window . But there was one episode when Wally was washing his hands and the sink was at the side of the room.

Hi All

One of the things that has always niggled with me is the letterbox in cleggy's door. Sometimes it is in the middle then at the bottom. Never known a more mobile object.

Hi All

One of the things that has always niggled with me is the letterbox in cleggy's door. Sometimes it is in the middle then at the bottom. Never known a more mobile object.

I always look for that too, I find that the more you watch a program, even if you love watching it over and over again, the more the eyes wonder into the back ground and you notice all sorts of things you never noticed before.

The wall paper always seems to catch my attention every time I watch that episode.

Hector

Hi All

lol. I love catching those little bloopers. I have not seen all the episodes but I will keep my eye out for Cleggy's mailbox and the episode "Flags and Further Snags". :-X

My all-time fave is a shot taken from inside Cleggy's
thru the front door out to the front yard. I am so used to
inside shots taken in the studio, that I am blown away
when the neighbor's border collie runs from left to right
across the yard. Can't be a studio shot 'cause the dog is
really there in Jackson Bridge. We have petted that dog!!
Must be really shot from inside Clegg's house on Hill
Street and not from a studio room.

Re: Has Anyone Noticedt

My all-time fave is a shot taken from inside Cleggy's
thru the front door out to the front yard. I am so used to
inside shots taken in the studio, that I am blown away
when the neighbor's border collie runs from left to right
across the yard. Can't be a studio shot 'cause the dog is
really there in Jackson Bridge. We have petted that dog!!
Must be really shot from inside Clegg's house on Hill
Street and not from a studio room.
Do you know what episode that was? What a good eye you have. So are these places normally residential in nature but was just rented by the producer? Just curious ..
:-\

So are these places normally residential in nature
but was just rented by the producer?

The "outsides" of Clegg's, Howard's, Nora's, and Compo's
(and most others as well) are all actual residences in the
Holmfirth general area. The interiors are often shot in
the studio, and sometimes it's hard to tell. Clegg and Howard
got "moved" because of some disagreement between the
owner and the studio I think.

So are these places normally residential in nature
but was just rented by the producer?

The "outsides" of Clegg's, Howard's, Nora's, and Compo's
(and most others as well) are all actual residences in the
Holmfirth general area. The interiors are often shot in
the studio, and sometimes it's hard to tell. Clegg and Howard
got "moved" because of some disagreement between the
owner and the studio I think.

I think the problem was the owner of the house in between - they used to be two door apart when above the church in the centre of Holmfirth. I would have to check the Appreciation Society journal which is where I read it to be sure.

By the way, any one know what happened to the Appreciation Society. Still have at least one stamped envelope from myself.

By the way, any one know what happened to the Appreciation Society. Still have at least one stamped envelope from myself.

It was ended in 2010 when the show finished, i did a new topic about it a few months ago so its somewhere on this site

Thanks DJWCFC
at least I can finalise that file!

By the way, any one know what happened
to the Appreciation Society

this one??

http://www.summer-wine.com/indexbackup2.htm

They were linked but the Appreciation Society produced a journal, and I have all of these plus towards the end a CD of photographs which are very useful. It was also the source of the musical CD by Ronnie Hazelhurst. I guess internet based groups have really superseded that approach, although I suspect Cleggy would have preferred the paper version!

Back