If there was a Last of the Summer Wine Monopoly edition

D

DJWCFC

Before I start I want to say this is just for fun and not an annoucement of a set.
As I say in the title if there was a Last of the Summer Wine Monopoly board what would you have on it?
For me the properties in a original game would be replaced with characters and really the only thing I would keep is the Pass GO, Jail and Free Parking from the original game, so to the board itself and i'm working backwards from dark blue to brown cause its easier for me.
Dark blue - Compo and Clegg.
Green - Foggy, Nora and Ivy.
Yellow - Sid, Wally and Wesley.
Red - Truly, Seymour and Blamire.
Orange - Howard, Pearl and Marina.
Pink - Edie, Glenda and Barry.
Light blue - Auntie Wainwright, Smiler and Alvin.
Brown - Hobbo and Entwistle.
I would replace Chance and Community Chest with Compo's Matchbox and Foggy's War Stories, for the stations I would have Sid's Cafe, Nora and Compo's houses, Wesley's Shed and Clegg's house, for the tax where you pay the money on the board that could be Auntie Wainwright's bill and Ivy's tab, for the Electricity and Waterworks we could have maybe The White Horse and Auntie Wainwright's and for the characters not mentioned by me the cards you pick up could have certains ones based on other characters like Billy and P.C's cooper and Walsh.
I know i've missed Billy, Tom and the P.C's off the board and maybe Blamire could be replaced with Billy and Hobbo and Entwistle could be replaced by the policemen but i've tried to get as many of the trios I can on there and popular characters as well, so what would you think of this board? by all means if you want to have your own go at a board do so this is just what I would choose, so comments...

"Jail" could be Auntie Wainwright's store, seeing as she likes to lock people in sometimes. haha

What about poor Alvin. He could be I'm the cards. Go straight to Nora's house. Buy each player a glass of Vino.
;)

I meant Alvin could be in the "chance" cards. I always forget to spell check.
::)

What about poor Alvin. He could be I'm the cards. Go straight to Nora's house. Buy each player a glass of Vino.
;)

I completely forgot Alvin, maybe he could be on the board instead of Tom or Blamire, or on the cards of course

I forget what is on the cards but any penalty could be either The Crowcroft Challenge or one of Foggy's route marches. (like in Sunray Major) ;D ;)

I changed it slightly, replaced Tom with Alvin cause I feel the latter is the more important character out of the two, apart from that its the same but now Tom could easily be mentioned on one of the cards like the other characters not on the board

Ok ..so how do we use Tom on the card? It will have to be some sort of penalty. Tom wasn't good with money.... ;) :)

Ok ..so how do we use Tom on the card? It will have to be some sort of penalty. Tom wasn't good with money.... ;) :)

That's a good idea with Tom making it a money one on the card, Morton could be the go back three spaces cause you bump into him and his character came across as a bit of a loser/loner trying to fit in, Cooper and Walsh could be linked with the go to jail card and get out of jail free cards, of course theres all possibilitys with the cards with the amount of characters that was in the show, although maybe some would be missed out which is only normal

Yes with over 30 years of running and finding so many good actors in which Roy Clarke gave them such wonderful words and situations, it will be very hard to.
get everyone in
Are u making the board now or are you on the blueprint stage?

Done another small change, instead of Foggy's Car Park I thought Auntie Wainwright's would be more well known to people cause I don't think replacing Jail with the shop is a good idea cause you need some original things on the board for it to still be monopoly

Back