Joe Gladwin - Wally Batty gone 26 years!

lotswfan72

Dedicated Member
Just noticed Joe Gladwin - Wally Batty's date of death has just passed us by - The 11th of March. R I P Joe, he has been gone 26 years and had he been alive he would of been 107 years young! Love Wally Batty in lotsw - one of my favourite characters!

I agree totally,I loved Wally,he had some wonderful lines and delivered them so well. He was such a loss to the series.RIP Joe :(

Wally had some of the best lines in the series and he was missed when he died as was John Comer who played Sid

I miss the old feller too! You'll notice my signature is a typical Wally line ;D

Yeah wally and sid were great.Don't know which is my favourite episode but it would probably have sid and wally in it!

Yeah wally and sid were great.Don't know which is my favourite episode but it would probably have sid and wally in it!

Have to agree - Wally and Sid were great characters well portrayed by good actors. Very much missed them when they left.

The white mans grave episode i really like feat sid and wally and there is a episode where nora ask wally at a shop window if he likes a dress and then has a go at him telling him what to like. Can't remember the episode name!

Compo: "Wally, Wally, what does Nora like in a man?"
Wally: "Total submission."

Back