Link

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the link,though there may be more than one,I am just looking for one in particular between summer wine and The Liver Birds

Were they both made in to series after being on the Comedy Playhouse?

Sydney Lotterby, Producer of some episodes of both, Ray Butt, Director of some episodes of both, Ronnie Hazelhurst, original music for both.

You are to good for me Big unc,I was looking for the Ray Butt answer but you have spolit us all with all these

Sydney Lotterby, Producer of some episodes of both, Ray Butt, Director of some episodes of both, Ronnie Hazelhurst, original music for both.

The Liver Birds, dear me, that brings back some bad memories, it was awful, one of the worst sitcoms I've seen.

Yeah it is in my top three worst sitcom's with Bread and The Uk version of The Golden Girls!

Yeah it is in my top three worst sitcom's with Bread and The Uk version of The Golden Girls!

Indeed mate, Bread was an embarrassment aswell. The Office utterly gets on my nerves too, I know it has a massive following bit to me it's just painful to watch. I'd never, ever get tired of slapping that Ricky Gervais.

Talking about worst sitcoms brings me to FOOLS AND HORSES, I loved DAVID JASON when he was with RONNIE BARKER (Hark At Barker , Open All Hours) but he was a complete turn off in F & H. My family think i am wierd not liking it. I'll go with BREAD as my no2 worst and THE OFFICE as no3.

I have never watched a full episode of Only Fools....I just can't stand it.Anything with Leonard Rossiter was to be avoided too.

Agree with you on the Fools and Horses although I was in an episode once, but never really rated it, I really liked The Office though, and George I loved Leonard Rossiter but that's comedy ,if everyone liked the same thing, we'd be boring eh!

I have never watched a full episode of Only Fools....I just can't stand it.Anything with Leonard Rossiter was to be avoided too.

Strange how it all goes George. Len Rossiter was/is one of my comedy heroes, I loved him, I thought he was a brilliant comic actor.
It's a coincidence you mention him today as I was thinking just recently about the actors past and present that I would liked to have seen in a cameo role in an episode of Summer Wine (ala Norman Rossington, Ron Moody, Duggie Brown, Bobby Ball, Brian Glover etc....) and Rossiter was at the top of my list, I think he would have been marvellous as an oddball that our trio stumbled across.

That's what makes these discussions so interesting.To quote another US comedy series 'Different Strokes' for different folks.
As Robin said what a boring world it would be if we all liked the same things.

Oh my God, I am such a victim of the Internet age. This thread is called "Link" but I was confused that there was no hypertext link to another web page anywhere. Then it dawned on me that "link", in the old, pre-Internet form of the language, also meant a "connection" between two things.

I'm going to switch this off and go read a... ummm... whaddaya call it... ahhh... those paper things we had before e-readers... yeah, a BOOK.

(Actually, in fact I've just started reading Stephen Fry's novel, The Hippopotamus" - Brilliant.)

... I am such a victim of the Internet age. This thread is called "Link" but I was confused that there was no hypertext link to another web page anywhere. Then it dawned on me that "link", in the old, pre-Internet form of the language, also meant a "connection" between two things.....

(Actually, in fact I've just started reading Stephen Fry's novel, The Hippopotamus" - Brilliant.)

You were not the only one

Back
Top Bottom