Memory foam

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
Please indulge me if you have already discovered the benefits of memory foam as a way of enhancing your quality of sleep but to those who may not have I cannot recommend this product highly enough. There are memory foam mattresses which are good but cost a small fortune but you can also buy a memory foam 'Topper' for your existing mattress which works just as well .I`m lucky to be free from arthritis, muscular or back problems but if you have any of these conditions and find it difficult getting some quality sleep then this should be really beneficial to you. I`ve had one for a few weeks now and I find the improvement in comfort just amazing. This product is available in various thicknesses and density and while a decent one is still quite expensive they are far cheaper than than a full mattress. I bought a 2" one on Amazon(UK) which was the best value I could find anywhere. If you are having trouble getting a decent night`s sleep for whatever reason this is really worth a try.

there good matresses john, ive had one in the past, the only problem is eventually the memory side will go especially if your overweight and use the bed to sit on most days like i did, but if you use it for sleeping i would recommend that type of mattress

there good matresses john, ive had one in the past, the only problem is eventually the memory side will go especially if your overweight and use the bed to sit on most days like i did, but if you use it for sleeping i would recommend that type of mattress
As I understand it the higher the density the more durable and long lasting (and more expensive)the foam will be. Less dense and cheaper stuff will be just as comfortable but will not retain its 'memory' for as long. Body weight is something to consider also. I am under 11 stone so 2" is adequate for me. For a greater body weight 3" or 4" may be necessary, if you are normal weight there is no gain in using greater than 2" thickness.

LOL, and I thought this topic was about some weird state of one´s mind :D! Language is an eternal source of fun.

My bed is supposed to be orthopaedic but it sounds if some memory foam wouldn't go amiss ;) ;D

We decided to get Latex foam mattresses,the same effect as memory foam but you do not get so hot,ours are about 10 years old and still as supportive as they were new,we shopped around for weeks to find the best price,we were quoted between 600 up to over 1000 pounds for a single,then we found a down to earth shop on the internet that sold stuff for disabled people,he listed the complete adjustable bed with latex mattress for 600 pounds,as we already had the adjustable beds we asked if he could supply just the mattresses, he checked and call us back for just 250 each delivered, 2 weeks later they were delivered

We decided to get Latex foam mattresses,the same effect as memory foam but you do not get so hot,ours are about 10 years old and still as supportive as they were new,we shopped around for weeks to find the best price,we were quoted between 600 up to over 1000 pounds for a single,then we found a down to earth shop on the internet that sold stuff for disabled people,he listed the complete adjustable bed with latex mattress for 600 pounds,as we already had the adjustable beds we asked if he could supply just the mattresses, he checked and call us back for just 250 each delivered, 2 weeks later they were delivered
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz-qFEvFFfg links to an impartial video comparing latex and memory. SleeplikeTheDead.com is a very good impartial website dealing with beds and bedding reviews and comparisons.

My friend has a memory foam mattress, and says its great, unless you are a 'hot' person in bed. As it molds to your body, its much warmer to sleep on.
Hope this helps

Back