New Station Dedicated to BBC programs 24/7

OK Hopefully Brit members are also reading this thread because I wanted to get their input on some of the shows aired on WETA-UK.

I know some really good ones are Waiting For God, Chef, Vicar of Dibley, and Ballykissangel. If you haven't seen Waiting For God, try to see it, because you will like it if you like Summer wine. They also show East Enders, Doc Martin, and To A Manor Born.

Here is a list of other shows I want to get feedback on. I am too busy with my kids to sit there and check each one out. So please folks, help me out. Which of the following are worth watching?

My Hero
Good Neighbors
Outnumbered
Coupling
Black Books
Monarch of the Glen
Hustle
All Creatures Great and Small
I never cared too much for My Hero - kind of silly.
Loved Good Neighbors
Never watched Outnumbered, Coupling, Balck Books, Hustle or All Creatures Great and small.
I enjoyed Monarch of the Glen. I really liked the background scenes and music. The story line in the beginning was good but started changing in later episodes after some of the original actors left the show. In my opinion it is worth watching.

I like to be able to hold my programs/movies in my hand and know that I'll have them for years to come.

Once you download a tv program from TheBox.bz, you have it
(unless you manage to lose it). You get a computer file, usually
a "filename.AVI" file that you can store on disk or dvd. While
I do tend to backup downloaded files to an external hard drive,
don't think I have lost one yet. You do not need to go back
every time you want to watch it.

I thought I'd revisit this topic. It was exciting when this station first came out but my shows, Summer wine, Waiting For God, and Vicar of Dibley are never on when I look for them.

Whenever I turn on WETA-UK I either get Antiques Roadshow or Dr. Who. It seems to take up half their air time!

On WETA-UK LOSW is on every night at 8 pm, Sunday night thru Thursday night. Then the same shows are all repeated again on Friday morning. But I agree that shows like Antique, Dr. Who, and that other ridiculous space show (Red Dwarf?, don't know the name of it) seem to go on forever. The only program on that channel that I watch is LOSW, and better yet, so you won't have the problem you do about missing LOSW whenever you happen to tune in. I would advise you to do what I've been doing for 20 years now, RECORD the show on DVD-R and you'll have it forever and whenever you're in the mood to watch. I never watch the show when it's being broadcast, I only watch my DVDs of it. Using your DVDs the show is always ready to start whenever you are. Even if it's 2 am.

On WETA-UK LOSW is on every night at 8 pm, Sunday night thru Thursday night. Then the same shows are all repeated again on Friday morning. But I agree that shows like Antique, Dr. Who, and that other ridiculous space show (Red Dwarf?, don't know the name of it) seem to go on forever. The only program on that channel that I watch is LOSW, and better yet, so you won't have the problem you do about missing LOSW whenever you happen to tune in. I would advise you to do what I've been doing for 20 years now, RECORD the show on DVD-R and you'll have it forever and whenever you're in the mood to watch. I never watch the show when it's being broadcast, I only watch my DVDs of it. Using your DVDs the show is always ready to start whenever you are. Even if it's 2 am.

To those unfamiliar with this program, I highly recommend Waiting For God. It is definitely worth catching and one needs to see a few episodes so they can grow a bit with the characters and plot. The ironic thing to those such as myself and "Who is that, then" who watch Summer Wine on MPT, is that Waiting for God comes on at 1:30 on WETA_UK, which is the same time MPS airs Summer wine. Now that is horrible timing!

WETA-UK also airs Vicar of Dibley, which I recommend. I previously made some comments about Vicar of Dibley in this forum but didn't seem to get a lot of responses of appreciation for that show.

OK Hopefully Brit members are also reading this thread because I wanted to get their input on some of the shows aired on WETA-UK.

I know some really good ones are Waiting For God, Chef, Vicar of Dibley, and Ballykissangel. If you haven't seen Waiting For God, try to see it, because you will like it if you like Summer wine. They also show East Enders, Doc Martin, and To A Manor Born.

Here is a list of other shows I want to get feedback on. I am too busy with my kids to sit there and check each one out. So please folks, help me out. Which of the following are worth watching?

My Hero
Good Neighbors
Outnumbered
Coupling
Black Books
Monarch of the Glen
Hustle
All Creatures Great and Small

Well, since I live in the DC Metro area and regularly view WETA-UK, let me give my opinion. First of all, the "W" in WETA does not stand for Washington. All TV and radio stations in the East, for the most part, start with a "W" and all stations in the West start with "K." Not sure why.

Hustle is interesting because it features Robert Vaughn. I'm not sure but I think it's a shoot 'em up spy thriller.
All Creatures Great and Small takes place (and I think was filmed) not too many miles from Holmfirth.
My Hero is a cross between Superman and Mork and Mindy. Alien comes to Earth and ends up as a super hero who flies (in a costume of course); performs heroic acts and otherwise tries to live as a normal person.
Coupling is a drama starring a bunch of young people doing typical young people stuff. Name of the show says it all.
'Allo 'Allo is Hogan's Heroes set in a French cafe (during WWII) which is run by Rene and his wife and serves as cover for the Resistance. Lots of running jokes involving a painting of Madonna; German officers, the grandmother who spends a lot of time in her bed, the English officer who speaks French badly, etc.
Waiting for God is about a retirement center in which everyone is "waiting for God." As a note, (take a deep breath) Diane in WFG and Aunt Joan in Doc Martin are one and the same.

Robert Vaughn and Stephanie Cole/Auntie Joan were both in Coronation Street last year (or the year before possibly). They met on a cruise. I understand that Robert asked to be in Corrie, having watched it while he was doing Hussle. As an actor of great age and repute, they let him. It was fun.

Codfanglers, if you like the Truly character (as do I), then I was wondering if you have watched a series called "Are You Being Served?" It's fantastic, I have the whole series on boxed set dvds. Frank Thornton plays the role of Capt. Peacock. He's the reason I first started watching LOTSW, but I have to admit ALL the Foggy eps are my absolute favorites now. Try out that show and let me know what you think. Thornton is similar to Sallis in that he is also the only surviving member from the original start-up cast.

Back