Oh Yes It Is..........

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I found this online with our very own Nora from a Panto in 1993, I was wondering just how many of the cast regularly appeared in Pantomime over the years. I'm fairly sure it was probably most of the cast as that is how actors tend to make most of their earnings each year.

Does anyone else have any memories of cast members in Panto or even seeing them live?

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 08.29.12.png

I've found another, who'd have thought Cpl Dewhurst would have been in the the biggest Panto in the country at the London Palladium !!!????

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 09.00.24.png

What a great site Barry super find . I am fascinated about the origins of Panto currently reading a book about its history. I found a site some time ago www.its-behind-you.com hosted by Nigel Ellacot who is probably one of the most famous but under the radar Dames who has been in Panto for countless years but looking at this page alone this site may be a better site so thank you for the post.

What a great site Barry super find . I am fascinated about the origins of Panto currently reading a book about its history. I found a site some time ago www.its-behind-you.com hosted by Nigel Ellacot who is probably one of the most famous but under the radar Dames who has been in Panto for countless years but looking at this page alone this site may be a better site so thank you for the post.
Yes I think it's a uniquely British thing, I'm sure I read somewhere they don't do Pantomime anywhere else in the world - perhaps some of our overseas members could confirm this?

In January 1969, I was seven years old, we went to see the Pantomime at Nottingham. It was The Pied Piper starring Freddie "Mr Parrot Face" Davies (youngsters, Google him!). Appropriately, he played the unfortunate birdwatcher who was buttonholed by Foggy, in the series 16 episode "Once in a Moonlit Junkyard". We had a box at the side of the stage. Freddie - of course - had a five-foot tall parrot on his shoulder. He came to the side of the stage, the parrot's head was level with the front of the box, he got mum to stroke its head. I dived for cover!

Pied Piper poster 1968-9.jpg

Back