One wasn't enough

Who would you have liked to see a second time?

• Captain Zero

• Vernon Sedgewick

• Davenport

• Gunershaw

• Broadbent

• Wendell of the Birds

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inky Batty

Dedicated Member
As it's Xmas I thought I'd resurrect something I did a few years back and do a poll and a discussion thread.
As you can glean from the title, I'm giving you a few options (arbitrarily picked by me) from barmpots who made a single appearance and you choose which one you would've liked to see a second time.
Obviously there are a whole raft of oddballs to choose from, but you get what you're given, just like Xmas presents!
6 options....pick your character.

Captain Zero (That's not Captain Zero)
Verny Sedgewick (A Double for Howard)
Davenport (Deviations with Davenport)
Gunershaw (according to the Prophet Bickerdyke)
Broadbent (Adopted by a Stray)
Wendell of the Birds (Turkish Waiter)

I'm hoping this might cause to some debate, reminiscing and discussion.

Merry Xmas all.

I'd like to have seen Jack Harry make more appearances, I know he made 2 but I hope that counts and also maybe Smilers wife, she'd have fitted in quite well.
On a side note is there a list of woman you'd like to have seen more than once?

I'd like to have seen Jack Harry make more appearances, I know he made 2 but I hope that counts and also maybe Smilers wife, she'd have fitted in quite well.
On a side note is there a list of woman you'd like to have seen more than once?
That was my next project Pearl, well, two projects, women characters and then another one entitled 'one or a few was more than enough' about characters you're glad you didn't see any more of .
And yes, I nearly included Ogden Butterclough, but thought he would sweep the board as everyone's choice as he was fantastic.

That was my next project Pearl, well, two projects, women characters and then another one entitled 'one or a few was more than enough' about characters you're glad you didn't see any more of .
And yes, I nearly included Ogden Butterclough, but thought he would sweep the board as everyone's choice as he was fantastic.
I think you can place Babs in the latter category!!!!

Hands down, Vernon Sedgewick for me. He always stood out as a special character.

I can also see the appeal in Captaon Zero.

Inevitably people will probably choose those from the earlier series, but I'd also love Kevin (the Mark Currie character) and a particular favorite Jeremy played superbly by the late John Challis.

Jeremy the Jelly would get my vote , possibly Crowcroft the wonderful Roy Barraclough especially if he tipped his hat towards Marina , yes his impeccable record with the Ladies was severely dented by Nora but he could bounce back with Marina much to Howard's disdain. In the current vote it would have to be Captain Zero.

Everytime I looked at the wonderful Trevor Peacock playing Captain Zero so perfectly I expected him to exclaim........"NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,YES"........or "YES,YES,YES,YES,NO"..a la Vicar of Dibley !!!!!
X!

Back