Series 11, Episode 3; Oh Shut Up and Eat Your Choc Ice

wstol

Dedicated Member
The one where they move the bale of straw.

If I remember rightly, Compo is told he can drive the three wheeled car on his motorcycle license, then proceeds to drive the car like a motorbike! Brilliant idea.

yes thatwas good...did you notice the technical details...a robin couldnt possibly pull a heavy round bail uphill...they cleverly made it out of chicken wire and stuck hay on the outside :)

The one where they move the bale of straw.

If I remember rightly, Compo is told he can drive the three wheeled car on his motorcycle license, then proceeds to drive the car like a motorbike! Brilliant idea.

Have not seen this episode for ages looking forward to seeing it again :)

yes thatwas good...did you notice the technical details...a robin couldnt possibly pull a heavy round bail uphill...they cleverly made it out of chicken wire and stuck hay on the outside :)

Having driven a Robin in the past not so sure: 850 cc engine in very light weight body (technically under 8 cwt) had a lot of power: easily do 85 mph or more - if one dared!

I have seen them towing trailers and the problem would be sufficient torque which I am not sure they had.

But why let a few technicalities ruin a good story!

Oh i don't know, i've owned quite a few Robins over the years and a decent one had a decent amount of HP.
I did once tow a two-berth caravan for a fella, from a caravan centre on Anglesey, to his house in Holyhead and although i had to take it easy, it did pull it fairly well....but never again!

Apropos of not much, We all remember the day that my brother took myself, my wife and our 4 kids on a trip round Lincolnshire in his plastic pig as they were sometimes called in our area.It would probably be illegal today but the old Robin did around a 100 miles that day with all 7 of us and only boiled the once!! ;D We started from Nottingham shire and just headed for the coast actually calling in Belton House to let it cool down a while ! ::)

Them were the days Dick, cram 6 kids and the dog in the car and no onr bat an eyelid :D It would be very illegal now :D

My parents and myself once took our little old mini to Yorkshire. Threshfield near Grassington. Utterly beautiful. My Dad always remembered the lady in the hotel (The Wilson Arms) saying if we went along to a particular place that day the telly folk would be filming there. All the stars will be there today, she said. This was in the late 1970's. It was Summer Wine that was being filmed but sadly we didn't go to see. We were returning home that day. But the reason for this particular rambling tale is to say our mini behaved wonderfully and, although it tamped about a bit under the combined tonnage of three adults and a load of luggage, I've always loved minis. Small, cramped and lacking in grace and comfort they may have been, but for a small car I thought they were fab.

Apropos of not much, We all remember the day that my brother took myself, my wife and our 4 kids on a trip round Lincolnshire in his plastic pig as they were sometimes called in our area.It would probably be illegal today but the old Robin did around a 100 miles that day with all 7 of us and only boiled the once!! ;D We started from Nottingham shire and just headed for the coast actually calling in Belton House to let it cool down a while ! ::)

My friends dad had a blue plastic pig.when we went anywhere in it you bounced around all over the place. :)

Back