Series 12, Episode 4; Walking Stiff Can Make You Famous

wstol

Dedicated Member
The one with the bicycle polo, which has been revealed that it existed long before LOTSW.

What are your opinions on this episode?

The part where they come out of Cleggs wearing the cricket pads and pillows for protection is a classic scene. A good episode from what was a great series in my opinion :)

this is a great episode, definately a strong one from this series, this was actually my second summer wine episode i watched when i was young that i remember, as you can tell this series means a lot to me with all the memories i got of it, i love the final scene with the trio trying to avoid eli on the bikes and foggy ending up being sprayed, makes me laugh every time

Ivy's line "....and another thing,the hairs come off your brush." Is an absolute diamond.

This was one of a few episodes where Foggy's residence was seen. Series 12 and 14 were the best series of Brian's second spell IMO

Rewatched the episode this week,found Foggy's bitter rant about how his true worth wasn't recognised quite sad this time round

I always enjoy those episodes where the action is more or less equally shared by all three the best, as they play off each other so well and I think "walking stiff can make you famous" is one of them. What I mean is Compo does by and large tend to have most of the physical comedy in the episodes (and it is always beautifully done by Bill Owen) but when all three take part it seems to make it even more funny and magical, does any one agree ??

Back