Series 13, Episode 4; Cashflow Problems

wstol

Dedicated Member
If memory serves, this is the one where Compo remembers he borrowed a couble of bob off Biff Hemingway.

Roy Clarke did have a habit of using the same surnames in his programmes. We had only heard the name Clem Hemingway just a few years before.

Any relation?

EDITED FOR SPELLING.

Probably not - but it is a good local name so could well turn up in more than one family.

Quite a few Cleggs around, and Dewhirst (our former reference librarian is Ian Dewhirst), but Utterthwaite is a lot less usual.

Clarke is very common, in fact I knew a Roy Clarke who was an IT lecturer, no relation.

If memory serves, this is the one where Compo remembers he borrowed a couble of bob of Biff Hemingway.

Roy Clarke did have a habit of using the same surnames in his programmes. We had only heard the name Clem Hemingway just a few years before.

Any relation?
Sorry, but he said Biff OWED him a quid, I believe. And Biff didn't borrow it . . he took it. lol.

I love this episode, probably in my Top Ten. I always laugh when they are tripping over the wires tryin to get away.

Probably not - but it is a good local name so could well turn up in more than one family.

Quite a few Cleggs around, and Dewhirst (our former reference librarian is Ian Dewhirst), but Utterthwaite is a lot less usual.

Clarke is very common, in fact I knew a Roy Clarke who was an IT lecturer, no relation.

Yes, there are a lot of Roy Clark(e)s on both sides of the Pond. My husband keeps on reminding me of Roy Clark who starred on Hee Haw, a variety show that featured American Southern (cornpone) humor.

Back