Singing to a wife in labour

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Apparently Robbie Williams sang to his wife while she was in labour. If I'd done that its doubtful I would have survived as far as the birth!! :me: :unhappy: :eek:

She must have been drugged, maybe I should have let them drug me?? The sound of my husbands voice when I was in labour made me want to rip his bits off and feed them to the seagulls. :hungry:

I've mellowed, has you can see since then. Being at the birth of my grandkids and seeing the in law getting massacred brought back some happy memories. :respect: :21: :21:

Was it better for men when they had to sit outside do you think? :35:

Last edited:
She must have been drugged, maybe I should have let them drug me??

I think we covered much of this once before ,(apart from t' singing ) I think I said then that I was much happier downstairs mending the fire and mashing the tea and coffee. :22: ;)

I was present at the birth of my first born and wouldn`t have missed for the world, apart from a lot of puffing and panting from the good lady:me::me:

I was present at the birth of my first born
and wouldn`t have missed for the world

I missed the first as it happened in 1966 and I was not
allowed into the delivery room. In fact, they sent me home!!

But for the next two, we took "classes" in Woodstock NY (yes,
that Woodstock) and I was in the delivery room for the whole
show. Would not have missed those for anything. Not near
the noise one hears in Call the Midwife, but really dramatic.

I missed the first as it happened in 1966 and I was not
allowed into the delivery room. In fact, they sent me home!!

But for the next two, we took "classes" in Woodstock NY (yes,
that Woodstock) and I was in the delivery room for the whole
show. Would not have missed those for anything. Not near
the noise one hears in Call the Midwife, but really dramatic.

But how would your wife have reacted if you had burst into song?

I was threatening everyone!!!!! My drugs were wearing off and too late for more. I was actually bribing the nurses to give me cranberry juice on ice. I offered them $100. I was delirious. That was for #2. I don't think I would have cared for the singing. It would sound like a bunch of twonk!:p

vMEyzl7.jpg

She must have been drugged, maybe I should have let them drug me?? The sound of my husbands voice when I was in labour made me want to rip his bits off and feed them to the seagulls. :hungry:

I've mellowed, has you can see since then. Being at the birth of my grandkids and seeing the in law getting massacred brought back some happy memories. :respect: :21: :21:

lol, Pearl, oh you DO make me laugh.

I think we covered much of this once before ,(apart from t' singing ) I think I said then that I was much happier downstairs mending the fire and mashing the tea and coffee. :22: ;)

Downstairs, Dick? not in hospital?

I LUV it !!

Actually when my son was born I had to behave. At the time I was a senior manager in NHS and so my wife was in the private room in the maternity unit, personally assisted by the Director of Midwifery who was a lady i worked with - and attended in person by the consultant! As these were colleagues I really found it difficult to not still feel as if I was "at work".

Back