The Trio have made a Album

That popped up on YT for me too, got me thinking just how talented most of the yesteryear celebrities were, Bill could sing and dance as well as being an outstanding actor, many of his peers also had similar additional talents. I'm guessing growing up in an era of repertory theatre and music hall you had to give yourself the best possible chance of success to stay ahead of the competition. To achieve the same success today, it appears you just need to appear on a reality show or be able to pout your lips incessantly and post the pictures onto social media........

I agree Barry rep theatre was a great grounding that allowed actors and actresses to broaden their experience by playing many different roles that's why Ronnie Barker was the accomplished actor he was . The reality show crowd portray themselves as stars but they are one trick ponies with no longevity however, media companies fall over themselves to make the shows and give these people bundles of cash for showing a total lack of talent.

Sounds like some idiot woman they just threw off a plane, screaming the whole time, I'm an Instagram star! I think of all of the truly great actors and actresses, musicians, playwrights, etc. People that had and do have real talent. This woman is just an idiot, but that's what is considered a star on many social media sites...

A modern phrase that is so apt for many of these 'celebs' is humble bragging, ie take a photo of me giving this homeless person a cup of tea, but make sure my £30k Rolex is showing in the picture.... :rolleyes:
Can't imagine Nora or Ivy with brilliant white teeth and collagen lips taking selfies of themselves every half hour!!!!!

Back