Theatreland

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Yesterday I finally did something I wanted to do for 26 years. I went to see Phantom of the Opera in London. Any other theatre goers out there. If so what did you see.

Yesterday I finally did something I wanted to do for 26 years. I went to see Phantom of the Opera in London. Any other theatre goers out there. If so what did you see.

I did mean to reply earlier, honest.

Not sure if your 26 year wait was in respect of a London theatre or Phantom specifically.

I am a great lover of the live theatre and don't get enough of it. Years ago made a weekend trip from up here in Scotland to London and saw 'Dangerous Corner' by the great Yorkshire playwright, J B Priestley. But most of our theatre going now is much more local at such as Edinburgh's Lyceum.

In my cups I do love to boast about having seen Evita and Les Misérables on Broadway (ten years apart).

My last two years of schooling were in Guildford where I frequently attended the Guildford Repertory Theatre (which I suppose became the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre today). That was where Peter Sallis did some of his early work, somewhat before my time in the mid fifties.

Cannot resist stirring things up a bit by suggesting that in a sense acting on stage and live television are the only real forms of acting. Where it is a matter of doing things over and over again until it seems right to the director is not quite as rigorous a discipline.

Time for :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

I did check the I liked the post Amos. I just haven't seen Phantom in such a big venue, especially in London. That would be like us going to New York to see. It is something that everyone would probably would like to do in their lifetime. I would be on my bucketlist. But going to Yorkshire is on top of mine!! I was an interesting thread, I would think that many people have not have the opportunity to do.:)

Glad you enjoyed it Amos, I'm not sure I could sit still long enough to sit through a theater performance so good on you :D

I will answer you Amos, I saw singing in the rain. Four rows from the front, we got wet and it was brilliant.
Also saw Shrek, which was very funny.
Lion king was so good, it made me go goossy.
Nearly saw Jersey boys, but had to give the tickets to my son, who said it was brilliant.
I love the theatre and go to our local one often as we have some excellent plays on.

I suppose getting to the UK and seeing all of the sights including Yorkshire, especially Holmefirth is on my bucket list.

I will answer you Amos, I saw singing in the rain. Four rows from the front, we got wet and it was brilliant.
Also saw Shrek, which was very funny.
Lion king was so good, it made me go goossy.
Nearly saw Jersey boys, but had to give the tickets to my son, who said it was brilliant.
I love the theatre and go to our local one often as we have some excellent plays on.
Jersey Boys is great I saw that in London in October. Thinking about The Commitments next.

Not really been to the theater in years, I did enjoy seeing both stage runs of "Allo Allo" many years ago,my wife has been to many of the big shows over the years,more her cup of tea than mine,she is looking forward to seeing Dolly Parton in her final world tour in a few weeks time,I know it is not theater but a chance to see a legend before she stops major touring

the only time I've been to a theatre as an adult was Last of the Summer Wine related, the talks that Peter Sallis and Tom Owen use to do (separately of course) and The Moonbather episode they did in the theatre a few years ago now, as a kid I use to go to pantomimes but the theatre isn't top of my priorities to view things, if it doesn't appeal to me then why go and see it I say

Back