Tis the season to be jolly

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
How do you all celebrate Christmas. With family. On your own. With friends or go away. Do you all have turkey or something else. This year its just me and my mum as my brothers family are in Australia

I'm with some of my fellow Grinch members of this forum, hoping I can sleep my way through Christmas so it's over for another year.... :07:

For a long long long time I have watched "Crums" and "What's Santa bought for Nora then ?" on Christmas Eve evening......in bed !!!!.
It makes me drift off into a wonderful festive Summerwineland sleep.....and I awake on Christmas morning.......and watch "Crums" again !!!!....[sad but true !!!]........it is not just a Christmas tradition.......it MAKES my Christmas complete !!!!.
P.S. I watch both episodes throughout the year !!!!........they are FOR LIFE.......not just for Christmas !!!!!.
X!.

Well, my family is all gone, so it's just me. Many of my life long friends have passed too. I'll probably just stay home, roast a chicken and watch A Christmas Carol, or Scrooge as it's also called, Alastair Sim version of course and a Christmas Story..

Well, my family is all gone, so it's just me. Many of my life long friends have passed too. I'll probably just stay home, roast a chicken and watch A Christmas Carol, or Scrooge as it's also called, Alastair Sim version of course and a Christmas Story..
It's not just you Bora, you've got your Barmpot family here too! I appreciate you've not been a member long enough to see a Christmas on this forum, but rest assured there's normally a few posts on Christmas Day as all us CRUMS brigade are posting to distract us from the day ;)

Similar. When I had the family it was full blown / fullsteam fun and games mainly for the kids sake, now, well I'm on my own but have an amazing neigbour who insists on doing me a truly excellent Dinner on the day. (It was she who nursed me for weeks when I had certain parts of my body removed (seriously major surgery) three years ago, God bless her.)
I'll watch a video or two, talk for a while to my Daughter who's in France with her Husbands Family and I may even be tempted to do a little online gaming (I'm a secret gamer, FPS)

Christmas day at our daughters, rest of the holidays eat, sleep and watch DVDs

About 15 years ago my wife and I had flu all over Christmas, the first time we moved out of the house was the 1st of Jan, so to have a couple of hours of fresh air we drove over to Holmfirth just for a couple of hours, by noon we decided to pop into The White horse at Jackson Bridge to to get a hot drink before the drive home, we started to chat to some of the locals when a group of male singers started to sing, it was really good and did not head for home until 9pm about 9 hours later than planned, it was a New Years day to remember after having such a terrible Christmas.

Back