YOGHOURTS

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Its been announced that most own brand yoghourts are to be recalled because of fears they contain rubber.
Particularly ASDA, CO-OP, SAINSBURY and WAITROSE. The affected brands are manufactured by YEO VALLEY.

Last edited:
Its been announced that most own brand yoghourts are to be recalled because of fears they contain rubber.
Particularly ASDA, CO-OP, SAINSBURY and WAITROSE. The affected brands are manufactured by YEO VALLEY.
I first tasted my first yogurt in college many moons ago. So sad that a very simple and nutritious food item has been grabbed onto by Big Food. Always read the ingredients very carefully and reject those whose ingredients you cannot pronounce and/or if the sugar content is too high. There are some nutritious yogurts on the market and if all else fails, you can always make yogurt at home. Hopefully no one has ingested rubber.

My Mother would never eat yoghurt! Said it reminded her of milk that had gone off, but she was brought up on a diary farm so perhaps she was particularly sensitive to the smell.

My first dictionary (Pockt Oxford 4th edition of 1942 reprinted with corrections in 1966) actually has yoghurt in the addenda as a new word! I quote:

yaourt, yohurt, n. Sour fermented liquor made in the Levant from milk. [Turk. yoghurt].

Other new words included wireless, zebra crossing, zipper, synchro-mesh (as in gearboxes), tabloid, and television to just name a few!

Back