Favorite Episode....

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a big Keeping Up Appearances fan and I've watched the series through many many times.

I was wondering which is your favorite episode and why. Mine is a dead heat with The Rolls Royce & A Riverside Picnic. I love the former as it's so funny to watch particularly when the police catch up with her and Lydia Hawksworth turns up. I also think the other is brilliant too, as it's Hyacinth at her very best dragging everyone along one one of her crazy plans :D :D :D

Which is your favorite episode(s) and why?

One of my favourites is where they go on a golfing weekend with the Major. There are some very funny scenes. It's called Hyacinth Tees Off on my DVD but IMDb calls it Golfing with the Major for some reason.

I'm a big Keeping Up Appearances fan and I've watched the series through many many times.

I was wondering which is your favorite episode and why. Mine is a dead heat with The Rolls Royce & A Riverside Picnic. I love the former as it's so funny to watch particularly when the police catch up with her and Lydia Hawksworth turns up. I also think the other is brilliant too, as it's Hyacinth at her very best dragging everyone along one one of her crazy plans :D :D :D

Which is your favorite episode(s) and why?
I'm like Maltrab I've never sat through a series. My mam and dad absolutely loved it. I'll definitely give it a whirl soon. I've seen a few clips of it and found them excellent. Time to get some DVDS from ebay me thinks.

I don't watch it as avidly as LOTSW or OAH, but I think the very first episode was my favourite, as the idea of the show was at its freshest.

One of my favourites is where they go on a golfing weekend with the Major. There are some very funny scenes. It's called Hyacinth Tees Off on my DVD but IMDb calls it Golfing with the Major for some reason.
I found the Major rather sleazy and whilst I enjoy the episodes I'm glad they dropped that character. I'm pretty sure that Roy Clarke didn't give titles to any of the episodes I think they were just added on retrospectively. This may explain the different names.

I'm like Maltrab I've never sat through a series. My mam and dad absolutely loved it. I'll definitely give it a whirl soon. I've seen a few clips of it and found them excellent. Time to get some DVDS from ebay me thinks.
Mike you must watch them, my view is the first series isn't the best as it's finding it's feet, also Hyacinth is less likeable. But as the episodes go on it just gets better and better. In fact the last series I think has the most funniest episodes. Do you have BBC iPlayer they're all on there?

Mike you must watch them, my view is the first series isn't the best as it's finding it's feet, also Hyacinth is less likeable. But as the episodes go on it just gets better and better. In fact the last series I think has the most funniest episodes. Do you have BBC iPlayer they're all on there?
I do. Didn't even think of that. Cheers lad :03:

My ex' mum (I've undoubtedly mentioned it) was Hyacinth Bucket although a lot nicer but definitely similar. She was from Middleton Junction Manchester and eventually met her future hubby who was kinda middle class but was heading for a career in design engineering and they moved to the cotswolds etc and her Manchester accent had this posh edge to it. She really was quite nice but kept up this facade all her life while her husband was a down to earth Manchester lad, but his success was hers apparently. Strange what people do.

I enjoy them all, hard to pick a favorite but I really enjoy "Sea Fever" where Hyacinth and Richard keep missing the QE2 for their voyage and when they finally get aboard see Onslow and Daisy who won a trip but Hyacinth assumes they are stowaways and they get to enjoy the dinner with the captain that she had been fantasizing about.

Back